• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Speed of Rage?

I hit 113 on mine and it had alittle more! Runs way better than I expected.

MedoraRage... Wouldn't mind if I was only hitting 97 in powder but I am running across lakes and snow covered roads, the big issue is my Girlfriend rides and sx500r and she buries me on both the lake and road. Top end on that sled is really 100mph if you hold it for a long time. Will ask dealr about altitude settings and give it a run this weekend and keep you posted.

Or it might not be broke in all the way yet? After about 1,000 then 1,500 seemed mine got faster.

I actually broke the sled in according to the manual, and boy was it a painful process. The very frst ride was in Quebec and all I really wanted to do was to grab some throttle!!
I thought about breaking it in and how that could have affected the performance. But then i remembered that the sled ran fine until I brought it in for the TORS problem and it has been downhill since.
to be honest this is the first sled I actually "broke in" according to the manual, normally I break them in like i ride them, just don't hold the same RPM's for long periods of time.

I rode with my buddy John almost 3k miles in Quebec this winter and we did some top end runs together on some of the big lakes up there! On his Rage he got a best of 113 MPH and I got a best of 123MPH on my 04 Warrior. I changed my primary spring back to the stocker and my top end was around 113 MPH but I had a stronger mid range and I could pull away from him with no problem at 60-70 MPH. I put the O/S/O spring back in and he could stay with me to about 90 MPH or so and I would go by him topping out at 123 MPH and he would do 113 MPH.

Yamaha has got some strong running 4 strokes! ;)! :flag: :tg: :4STroke: :yam:

Well just came back from tughill trying the improvements the dealer made and.... I got nothin!! Still can't break 8grand, not to mention the sled won't break 85mph, I think I am headed for a compression test to see what is really going on. The sled snaps and run the trail around 60 excellent, with some snap left but after 75 that is all she has...
First Yamaha in 10years I have had trouble with!!! some how i think this is dealer it ran totally fine until the first time I had it in for the TORS issue, maybe trade it for something else......

If they dinked with the TPS for your TORS issue, maybe the misadjusted it. The TPS also feeds the ignition box right? So if it's set wrong you might not get enough advance, and hence low power.

Worth a check, easy enough to do with a DVM right?

It's worth a shot. Bypassing TORS just disables the switch in the throttle-thumb. If that bit wasn't working the sled wouldn't rev anywhere near 8k.

Placed the sled on a stand and it hits 8grand without a problem actually hit close to 9 without any hesitation. Have checked the plugs and they are burning fine in my opinion. Seems to me maybe the sled under load is having trouble? Will contact dealer tomorrow, have spent way to much time trouble shooting a brandnew sled...

Quick questions? does the dealer have anything to setup concerning the clutch on a new sled? Just thought maybe the clutch could be the problem with my sled? I am not a mechanic but I am pretty frustrated with this sled right now and am not going to rule anything out...
Anyone from Yamaha ever read this stuff? Any suggestions would be a great help, considering it appears the dealer is plain out right guessing

Got Sled back

well just got my sled back after a month at the dealer. They told me they had a Yamaha tech take a look at it and advised the direction for repairs. Currently they replaced the cdi box and hopefully this addresses the issue. I have to admit the dealer has actually bellied up with service this season compared to last season. Hopeing to ride tug hill this weekend for the first ride... I really hope things are fixed!

Back