• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

squaky front swing arms...????

rbhme

Veteran
So I got about 380 miles on the warrior. Yes a little stream jumping here and there but nothing TO bad. Anyways put in the garage for 2 days and went for another ride yesterday. Before I left I greased all fittings. Noticed in the manaual that you should grease the front swing arms but with what. So I sat and thought about it for a little and said screw it deal with it later. well what do you know , first bump squeak, squeak, squeak over every bump.... So what are you guys or gals doing to get into the fittings and lubricate?? should I use motorcross chain lub like Chain Wax that will harden up a little and stay there longer. do not think the old stand by, WD-40 will cut the mustard. any thoughts?? Thanks for all the info everyone!!!

p.s. for those in maine, millinocket has some good riding.....

I asked my dealer about the squeak and he greased the tie-rod ends. They squeeked when you twisted them by hand.

Where all the zerc fittings-- for the front swing arms?

I recently encountered the squeaking front end problem.I can only find the 2 zerc fittings on the steering spindles.The owners manual indicates
several lubrication points.The only problem is there is no zerc fittings at these points.What is the recommended method to lubricate.Is is diassembly required?
Thanks,
John :roll:

Mine also started squeaking at 300 miles. I really didn't see how you can graease them, so I just gave them a shot of WD-40, squeak went away. I now have about 800 miles, and squeak still has not come back.

Back