• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

SR Viper or Sidewinder

Too much power, is just right ! With a Sidewinder, you can drive it slow if you wish, but it,s always nice to have the extra power, at the squeeze of the throttle. I cann,t ever remember hearing anyone ever say, this thing has got too much power.
Spring is just around the corner for many of us. Order up that 2018 Sidewinder, in the model you want, in the color you want, you will not regret it.

Cannondale27, I do know that feeling, very well! That is my worry with the Viper. Not interested in putting money into a sled to get it where I would like it! I'm not one to mod a sled, it will stay stock.

Onto the demo ride. I am coming UP on the 11th and staying in Pine Stump thru the 15th. One last ride on the 02 viper. Wont get into Pine Stump until late afternoon Saturday. So my question is are the demo rides going to happen on Sunday the 12th as well? I sure hope so as I would love to demo both the viper and SW.
I wish I knew exactly what the itinerary is for demos. It's never been said.

Update....ordered the LTX-LE 50th Sidewinder and the LTX-LE 50th Viper. So the SW is for me and the Viper is for my son who just graduated from college. He has a few friends who love snowmobiling and are riding 14 Vipers so I made the decision to get him a Viper, he loves snowmobiling too. I went with the 50th LE on both sleds for the chassis package, learning the set up would be the same for either sled, same chassis, same shocks, same everything except for the motor. Man is it gonna be a long summer!

Snoden.....Awesome choices on your sleds for next year. From your riding experiences over the years I'm pretty sure that you'll be all smiles next year on your new 50th SW and that your son will be just as stoked "wrestling" his new Viper.

It looks like you're "all in" as they say. There's plenty of great info here on TY to get your sleds set up right from the get go. Congratulations on the new sleds along with your son's graduating from college. ;)!

Update....ordered the LTX-LE 50th Sidewinder and the LTX-LE 50th Viper. So the SW is for me and the Viper is for my son who just graduated from college. He has a few friends who love snowmobiling and are riding 14 Vipers so I made the decision to get him a Viper, he loves snowmobiling too. I went with the 50th LE on both sleds for the chassis package, learning the set up would be the same for either sled, same chassis, same shocks, same everything except for the motor. Man is it gonna be a long summer!

Now that's how you make a decision where you can't go wrong! I think CONFUCIUS once said, "when making a tough choice, buy both snowmobiles"

I know Confucius was 2500 years ago, but i think he would ride a YAMAHA. Not because he was Chinese (that would racist), but because he was known to be a very SMART man...

Hey Snoden, where in Ohio are you from, maybe we are neighbors and don't know it!! LOL

Agman, I live about an hour and a half due East of you (Southern Lorain County). We wrestled in the states district tournament @ Fostoria High School in the past. Close enough for me to be called neighbors!

Now that's how you make a decision where you can't go wrong! I think CONFUCIUS once said, "when making a tough choice, buy both snowmobiles"

LOL...I don't think CONFUCIUS said that, but I like your thinking! That was funny!

Agman, I live about an hour and a half due East of you (Southern Lorain County). We wrestled in the states district tournament @ Fostoria High School in the past. Close enough for me to be called neighbors!
Yea Snoden, in the snowmobile world we live in, I would say were Neighbors!

Depends on the riding you do. Here in mn we have a 50 mph speed limit (sucks). No place to go 100 plus. On tight trails viper seems to have better throttle response down low and is a tad lighter ( not that that really matters) and no turbo lag. Tight trails I'd go viper. High speed rail grades and lakes sw. Both great sleds Can't really go wrong. Ps 3 vipers in our group 2 14s and 1 16. They all run great.

Man are you lucky! Speed limit is 30mph here!

Back