• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Starter relay

SUC_doo

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
17 sidewinder rtx, 08 apex ltx gt, 01 formula deluxe
Hello, my sled would not start today just made clicking noise. I removed the starter relay to inspect and clean. The top of the starter realy(part that holds fuses) will come off the starter relay. Are they supposed to come apart like this?

Hello, my sled would not start today just made clicking noise. I removed the starter relay to inspect and clean. The top of the starter realy(part that holds fuses) will come off the starter relay. Are they supposed to come apart like this?
Yes they can come apart. Clicking sounds usually means the relay is working but the starter is not.

Yes they can come apart. Clicking sounds usually means the relay is working but the starter is not.
I put a used starter on last week. It was a kimpex....i put it on clicking noise no start(same click as today), so i took it back off...i needed the shaft so i put the shaft out of used starter i bought in yamaha case with bearing and brushes. Put on fired right up.The kimpex starter had a screw out of brushes and I'm assuming grounded the starter out? Drove 500 miles no issues. Today real cold outside...go to start it just whirls, after trying a few times it stops whirling and just clicking. If i try to crossover the relay it does nothing(no spark no whirl) ........If i put a screwdriver on the black wire on starter and run my red jumper to screwdriver it will whirl over.

Back