• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Stealth 4 wheel kit from JT Racing?

RX Buck

Lifetime Member
Website
mobilepredictive.com
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 Yamaha Sidewinder LTX
I just bought the stealth 4th wheel kit from JT Racing. I am impressed with the quality of the components except for the fact that the outer wheels came with CHINA bearings instead of the NTN's like the inner wheels? I have had these crappy bearings in many of my sled over the years and all I ever get out of them is 1 season at best. Did everyone else's come with these bearings? Spendy kit I feel should have NTN's or something of equal quality. I did call them and they did not know that they were coming with different bearings as they just buy the wheels. He assured me that they will not be a problem but I want to know if they have been coming with these bearings the whole time or if this is a new thing.

china on mine also

China on mine as well

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Make sure you use red locktite on those outer bolts I lost a wheel with blue early last season 150 miles out lucky I had a bolt for some reason in my pouch

Reactions: krm
Yes, probably late summer when that sale was going on.

Make sure you use red locktite on those outer bolts I lost a wheel with blue early last season 150 miles out lucky I had a bolt for some reason in my pouch
You can't. You need to be able to loosen the bolt to adjust track tension

Ya, I am just wondering if the ones sold in years past "not on sale" had the NTN bearings. That would explain the price difference. Like I said this does seem like a great kit and have no doubt it will be great but I think I am going to buy NTN's and put them in.

Yeah ill probably run these a season and then swap them out. With wheels this big the bearings seem to last a long time because they aren't rotating as much. Even if of lesser quality.

I'm more worried now about losing a wheel thanks to Yamadog!

Mine are China as well. Bought the end of August. Now you have me worried. If you put your finger in the NTN ones (2 fingers hole is kinda big) and spin the wheel its smooth. Put a finger in the china one and you can feel the vibration of the balls rolling :oops: I am now less impressed with this kit. Plz let us know if you find anything else out.

personally Ive used blue and never had an issue...I let it setup over night tho..

Back