• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Pries

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2007 RS Venture
2008 Nytro MTX
I have a 2008 Nytro MTX where when I let off the throttle, the nose in snow seems to drop immediately and has contributed to a few stucks ;-)
I would like to be able to coast somewhat if that makes sense.

The spring and twist on the secondary are stock - pink with 6,1

I am also not entirely clear on what people mean when they say their machine backshifts great...does that mean that it meets with their expectation or that it 'drops a gear' quickly, or 'drops a gear' slowly?

The primary is GWG with stock weights with a rivet in the outer holes, stock 16.5mm roller.
I see 9,200 RPM on the flat...

I would like to drop the RPM to about 8800 and drop the engagement RPM to about 3000 or so to make low speed maneuvering easier and to also not create a stuck from a standing start in deep snow because the track spins right away when it engages.

I have done some reading on the forums here and am thinking:
Primary:
- YPY for primary spring
- 14.5mm rollers
- Keep the rivet

Not sure what to do with the secondary
I have a W spring for the secondary though.

What's your elevation?

What track are you running (if it's not the stock 153)?

Stock suspension front & back still?

What's your elevation?

What track are you running (if it's not the stock 153)?

Stock suspension front & back still?

My elevation is about 5000 feet and the track is a camoplast extreme.
I have 60 lbs in Fox Evo 3 shocks on the front and stock suspension in the rear with limiter straps in the 2nd hole from the top.
Since creating this post, I have fixed things greatly. 14.5 mm rollers and the yellow pink yellow spring in the primary give me an engagement rpm of around 3200 RPM and for the secondary I have used a green cat spring with the wrap of zero and one for my 39° helix. Now when I back off the throttle the machine will coast little bit before it back shifts. It still seems to be very responsive and pulls hard when I give it throttle again. I'll play around with it some more and maybe try another spring in the primary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back