• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Stock Muffler Tune

ryama

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Sidewinder R-TX
Well the season is getting near the back end,and I would like to know if anyone has any experience with the stock muffler tune.There is a lot of info on aftermarket muffler tunes,but not much reviews on the stock muffler stuff. I would really like know how fuel milage is effected as well as performance,

After driving my sled for a 12oo kilometer ,the sound of the stock muffler is more than enough, But more power would be great,and a little better gas milage would be helpful.

If and When I tune my sled this is the exact route I am going. Stock Muffler Tune. So far, the Evo tune is most appealing because you can flash it yourself. I would like to hear reviews as well. I believe its about 25 hp difference.

I've had one through our shop that Sandale loaded the stage 1 Evo tune on. MPG still very good. Clutched properly you can expect about 6-8 MPH over stock with better acceleration. I think the sled has about 300 miles on it since the tune was added and has been without issue. I'm impressed with the difference.

Hurricane will have a stock muffler tune available very soon and you can also get the hardware to flash it yourself

I wish the shops that built these tunes,would spend more time on the stock muffler version. It seems like there is a market for a stock muffler version,with more power in the bottom section of the power curve. All the shops seem to make their tunes more orientated toward top end power.I for one would like more snap and boost in the bottom half of the power curve.

TD... EVO... Hurricane and any other shops that make these can tunes,are you listening?

Reactions: krm
We have a great tune for the stock muffler. It's ecotrail but mention in the order it is for stock muffler. We have 2 versions of the td ecotrail reflash. One for stock muffler one for aftermarket mufflers...

http://www.turbodynamics.ca

We have a great tune for the stock muffler. It's ecotrail but mention in the order it is for stock muffler. We have 2 versions of the td ecotrail reflash. One for stock muffler one for aftermarket mufflers...

What are the gains with stock muffler with the ecotrail?

Last edited:
Yes I too would love to pick up more bottom end than top end, but more so than anything I'd really like to see more mpg while not losing any power if that is possible, this 11 mpg is ridiculous.

Yes I too would love to pick up more bottom end than top end, but more so than anything I'd reallye like to see more mpg while not losing any power if that is possible, this 11 mpg is ridiculous.

Well so far from what I have heard, it seems like modded exhaust with clutch work will improve mpg to 15 while adding 15 hp, and an extra 10 mph. Not too sure a flash will allow better mileage without easier breathing exhaust to go with it, so if one tries the 25 hp flash only, will mileage get worse instead of better???

My 11-12 mpg is not enough.

What are the gains with stock muffler with the ecotrail?
I answered this already. We have not dynoed this tune. However performance gains were very noticeable. 450rpm gain back to back and, 8mph top speed increase gps.. Back to back.

We estimate this reflash to be 30 to 35hp gain over stock.

You might want to check out the performance kit that Excell Motorsport has availability.No re flash to jeopardize warranty and as quiet as stock exhaust.Bonus is you can check chain case tension and perform oil change without removing muffler

I have 1500 miles on the Evo stage 1 tune. Very happy

Back