• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Stock Primary spring rate

ROCKERDAN

OCD Sledhead
Country
Other
Snowmobile
'18 RTX 50th "Winder"
Who knows stock primary spring rates?

This is a 137 Im working on here....

its a gold/red/gold (90501-550a7-00)

thx
Dan

clutching-SW.jpg

A few I have talked to, we think stock primary may be around 50/113kg but if anyone has more info please post...

So Im eyeing up Black/green from Dalton

Dalton springs SW.jpg

Last edited:
52/113 thunder shift one is 35/126

52/113 thunder shift one is 35/126
Thanks Ken....I was hoping you would jump in here, I know your 850 has all your attention though! LOL

I should have known to PM you and ask you!

I guess we were close on our guesses.

Newtron I really want your feedback on the RED oK....sooner the better

Wanting to see if that higher finish cleans up that bottom end initial laziness, when that is gone this will be plain sick to ride.

Dan

I will let u know. It should be better

Remember I'm stock and probably have less turbo lag than u running at 15 lbs of boost

Gonna take a little time to build boost and overpower the heavier weights in the primary. IMO

I will let u know. It should be better

Remember I'm stock and probably have less turbo lag than u running at 15 lbs of boost

Gonna take a little time to build boost and overpower the heavier weights in the primary. IMO

Ok I have had lots of back and forth with Dale, and I just ordered a helix and spring. He does not feel the lower RED will work at all for bottom end. But I do think your testing it is smart to rule it out, but may be too lazy down low.

Ordered:
-black/green 57/129kg
-37/33 Helix

Also, after some back and forth, I was begging for a higher SIDE force torsional, and he is ahead of me, and has one in the works! It got abit delayed though so not ready yet, but I think the higher side force will wake up the bottom end bigtime for stockers and tuned SW.

Remember this new roller secondary is new for Yam and there are very few torsional roller sleds, all others use compression(except stock 1200 like mine) and my 1200 was lazy too, likely using the torque more on trail and better MPG for trails, but I clutched my 1200 with compression spring and now it is an animal down low, much more 2 stroke like....So I believe a higher side forced torsion will really help the SW at initial hard hit.

Thanks Ken....I was hoping you would jump in here, I know your 850 has all your attention though! LOL

I should have known to PM you and ask you!

I guess we were close on our guesses.

Newtron I really want your feedback on the RED oK....sooner the better

Wanting to see if that higher finish cleans up that bottom end initial laziness, when that is gone this will be plain sick to ride.

Dan
Dan,headed to northern maine for a week to see what my now tuned up sw has ?I know what the 850 has ,i'm just hoping the sw can now out run the 850 as it has some legs .Remember the stk helix seems to be 35/33/35 .i've had the 850 to 124 on the dream meter ,and have never seen over 117 now on the sw guage .I''ll put 1500 on it this week and hope it loosens up .

Dan,headed to northern maine for a week to see what my now tuned up sw has ?I know what the 850 has ,i'm just hoping the sw can now out run the 850 as it has some legs .Remember the stk helix seems to be 35/33/35 .i've had the 850 to 124 on the dream meter ,and have never seen over 117 now on the sw guage .I''ll put 1500 on it this week and hope it loosens up .

wow, i have seen 124 in 2000ft in 3" deep wet snow, the tune makes these thing just sick!

My 1200 runs right with a new 850, so just no power in those 2s, although I admit my 1200 is a rocket now! haha

Im sure you will fall in love with the crazy pull of the tuned SW...its addicting!

Keep us posted Ken!
Dan

I edited the spec sheet....if anyone else thinks the primary spring is not correct please let us know..nice to have all the proper facts here.

clutching-SPECS SW.jpg

this is from the dealer manual. is there a reason to believe it is less?

upload_2017-1-27_15-27-7.png

KRM,how far up our state are you going? To the top,or caribou area? I have a house in patten,and my buddy has one just south in Sherman,he has been able to ride every weekend this year so far. He told me yesterday trails are holding up very good seeing how we have had rain and sheet our last storm,and not any super cold outbreaks like we like to see early jan. well hope your week up there goes well,and your SW runs good and fast,sounds like you got a really good doo. Enjoy beast

S
KRM,how far up our state are you going? To the top,or caribou area? I have a house in patten,and my buddy has one just south in Sherman,he has been able to ride every weekend this year so far. He told me yesterday trails are holding up very good seeing how we have had rain and sheet our last storm,and not any super cold outbreaks like we like to see early jan. well hope your week up there goes well,and your SW runs good and fast,sounds like you got a really good doo. Enjoy beast
ST Agatha ,Madawaska

Back