• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Stock Tuner Skis Worth Anything?

On my old RX1 136 with a M10 and studded, I've ran Simmons with dual 8" bergstroms triples, C&A's, Pilot's, & Slydogs. The best set up is the stock ski and Snowtrackers from Barn of Parts, my push is finally gone.

I have Tuner Ski 3's on my 2016 Viper. The stock 2/0 carbide/wearbars were horrible. I just installed Bergstrom triple point carbides , and their hard wear bars and ski savers and the sled is really great. I have tried it so far in mushy loose snow and there is some push but really pretty good. Nice hard packed trails are amazing. I have a studded long track and the balance of the sled if everything I hoped it would be so far. I can use my body balance to kick out the tail of the sled and drift it at will if I want. It is a ball. When I want to corner fast I can also. I had a Nytro and was never able to get it to perform like this. I need more miles before I fully report.

I have Tuner Ski 3's on my 2016 Viper. The stock 2/0 carbide/wearbars were horrible. I just installed Bergstrom triple point carbides , and their hard wear bars and ski savers and the sled is really great. I have tried it so far in mushy loose snow and there is some push but really pretty good. Nice hard packed trails are amazing. I have a studded long track and the balance of the sled if everything I hoped it would be so far. I can use my body balance to kick out the tail of the sled and drift it at will if I want. It is a ball. When I want to corner fast I can also. I had a Nytro and was never able to get it to perform like this. I need more miles before I fully report.

I had that setup on my viper and it didn't turn for crap in soft snow. I don't see how it could be working good for you. Just sayin...

I had that setup on my viper and it didn't turn for crap in soft snow. I don't see how it could be working good for you. Just sayin...
As I mentioned they are pretty good in soft snow. I certainly wouldn't mind less push in the soft stuff. I still feel they are a gigantic improvement over stock. I forgot to mention, absolutely zero darting in any condition. What have you used that is great in most/all conditions?

Ah that's true if you are comparing to the stock carbides that come on them. Those are a total joke and are lucky to last 300 miles. The tuners don't dart on the viper. Least mine never did. I switched to Curve skis and would never go back to anything else. It's so nice to enjoy riding and knowing that the sled is going to turn and not always be wondering and worried about every corner you come to. But if you don't ride soft snow very often then yes the tuners work very well.

I have tuner and run 6" inside and 2" out side and fine the good. Not and great off trail ski but for trails i fine the very good no darting at all. Just rolled up on 9200 km on my 2016 with this set up.

My riding buddy bought an LTX for his wife that is set up with Stock Tuners, and fairly aggressive carbides (not sure which brand or length.) I rode it a for a few miles on hardpack conditions, and it was very nice. One afternoon, he took his wife's sled and I took my LTX with Arctic Cat skis and Snowtrackers. After a 30 mile ride switching back and forth every few miles to really feel the differences, he has ordered a set of AC skis and Snowtrackers. The Snowtrackers turned easier, darted less, and held better than the Tuners; he could not believe the difference.

Back