• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Straightened subframe with gussets.

thetruck454

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
I went to go install the mountain tech a arms and noticed my right ski was back a lot further. I ordered the grizz gussets and was wondering how sucessful people have been bending the subframe back with a prybar and having it hold with the gussets welded in?

Had same issue. Tug back to where it should be. Put in the gussets and it'll be fine.

Subframe is already "trash" so bending it back and then strengthening the hell out of it with the Griztracks kit can either be the save of the subframe and your wallet or its a 70 dollar lottery ticket that didn't pay and you need to buck up the bigger money for a new subframe and a new gusset kit to keep it from happening again. Like insurance, you get it to cover your arse just in case, not because you plan to need it.

If you pull it so shocks are the same through your arms, and your ski tips are the same, your good to go. If the tips are different while the shocks are the same, its not ever going to be straight.

I got mine close when I straightened mine. It hasn't moved since I welded the gussets in. The beauty of the Mountaintech arms is you can adjust any imperfections out with the upper ball joint and get the spindle angle perfect

If u can get things to line back up dont waste your time and money on a new subframe. Jmo. While I can't attest to how strong grizz's gussets are I can tell ya u can pull it back square enough most likely. I've seen it done and done it myself. As I said before I had plates welded in and they've given the subframe the strength it should've had to begin with.

I was just going to start a thread and saw this.. My shocks are not the same in the a arms and I was wondering the best way to straighten before adding gussets? Is it best to remove then straighten?

Grizztracks has a post on here showing how to straighten everything before removing the subframe and then how to remove it and install the gusset kit. Search his user name and it will come up.

Back