• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Suspension Question

Use a kidney belt and put the trottle to the bar. You're not going fast enough.

MXZ 900. SO AM I. TURNNING 50 THIS YEAR. THATS WHY I BOUGHT THE WARRIOR. LONG TRACK IS THE WAY TO GO FOR OLD GUYS. PLUS COULD USE ALL THE TRACTION I CAN GET ONCE I GET THIS TURBO DIALED IN.

If you can wait until the end of the year you can get some real good buys on an M10 from Fast. I have a 2004 RX1 with a M10, with Ohlins shocks, in it and it is really great. I have a bad back and this is the best investment i have ever made. I paid $1295 for it back in March. I have a SRX with an M10 in it also but it does not have the Ohlins in it and that also is a great ride. I paied less then $ 1000 for that one 4 years ago. You can use these in any sled if you buy a new sled just put your stock suspension back in and put the M10 in the new sled. I have my shock rebuilt ever year. Once you get them set up for you (to your weigh) you will love they, you won't care how big the bumps gets. I also have the Ohlins on the front and I think they are worth the money if you are looking for a great riding machine this the the way to go.

The warrior skid has more room for a longer shock in the rear, according to Yamaha. What you get really is adjustable damping! Making the track a little longer should help some, but you can't expect it to compare.

I read in Snowtech that they're fans of well set up Proaction skids. Throwing more parts and money at something doesn't always beat a great set up.

Boston, see my other post about Tug Hill...sledheadgeorge, you are right on the money!!! I've been riding that crap up there forever on heavy doos, and we handled it all with the MXz/ZR crowd for years (had one of them too) and then used to chomp on those ZR's till they ran off the trails..true..And my RX is better than my Machz ever was!!..But you need to lock in, pull up off the seat and crank it up...only the occasional sucker bump is nasty, but the sled takes them too. We rode as fast or faster than every rev and fcat we saw Saturday, and my other bud was whining about his new F7 riding so bad..I didn't think it was bad at all...about average for Tug on a weekend..but then, there's only two guys left that ride with me up there..one just turned 30, the other is 35. I'm almost 49. I love these sleds!!! Sure, the revs take bumps well, but at high speeds the control is not there..they get way too high off the ground. Every bump is a jump. The RX and Machs stay low on the 2 footers. At least ours do. :D Only thing sore was my neck from the helmet slamming down. I pounded those bumps on Skiroules, Formula plus's, MXZ (F2000) Formula Z, Formula III's, various Machz's, MXZ's, and I can ride faster on that crap with the RX's than anything I've had yet, including the MXZ's. Except in the really big rollers, when the RX gets air big time. Those landings are not fun on the heavy sleds. Everything else is no problem.

I agree, speed is the key. I ride alot on the hill and always lead. My friend on his 02 Viper is usually on my tail but our other buddy with the 02 XC700 is always well behind. I don't know why they even put a seat on the REV, every time I see one the driver is standing up! Of course maybe the RX-1 seems like a nice ride to me because I came off a 99 SRX700!!

Boston, buddy, forget about suspension upgrades. Those Rev riders with the grins weren't sitting on their seats when they went by you. If you want to stay with them, buy a 10 inch handlebar riser and start riding like they do..... standing up.

Absolutely correct. I did a sanity check with my bud from Saturday, and we rode as hard or harder than any rev or f we saw and we saw plenty. And to roll the entire hill in a few hours, was good time, considering all the mudholes on c5 we had to pick our way through. The faster rev guys were indeed all standing, and I stood a few times, but usually held myself off the seat, and sat only when it looked smooth, or I got tired..that's the way I always ride..and the RX does very well this way, imo. Worst problem last year was the handle bars pulling down from me holding myself up on them, but some heavy prick punches solved that issue.

136 M-10

I have an 03 rx-1 W/136 M-10 W/ Ohlins. It will handle rough as good as you will get PERIOD. I don't care what you ride, when it gets rough you'll feel the bumps. The rev-riders may talk smack but I've heard them whine at the bar about rough trails and no groomers too. M-10 is still king for the chop. Slim- no bs here

Why are you guys riding at all if the mogals are like that? There's no sled, or suspension, that will smooth out a trail like that.

RX1 Yooper said:
Why are you guys riding at all if the mogals are like that? There's no sled, or suspension, that will smooth out a trail like that.

I couldnt agree more.... THERE IS NO SUSPENSION THAT LIKES MILES OF STUDDER BUMPS.....

Back