• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Suspension settings, RTX ONLY

Mine loosened up tremendously after revalve and DSC valves. This is before even riding. I am told that all that was done in the valving was one shim removed.

So I have to wonder if maybe the stiffness was gas charge related?

No. I know exactly what was done to my shocks since Carver instructed me on what to do for the mod and supplied the new shim stacks. Previously I did play with Nitrogen pressure which did have a slight effect but nothing even close to where I am at now. TD one shim is alot.

My 2015 rtx has adjustable floats in front. Is the rear adjustable too with air pressure or just spring preload and torsion adjustments....thanks

My 2015 rtx has adjustable floats in front. Is the rear adjustable too with air pressure or just spring preload and torsion adjustments....thanks

Is yours LE or SE?

Clicker up front?

If it has the adjuster knobs (LEO then there are damping adjustments in the rear as well. Single speed compression on both and rebound on the rear shock.

I am happy! Almost 400mi on last weekend. We covered all types of terrain. 90mph grades with g-outs,stutters,even a few uh oh moments where it took way more than wanted on slower tight u groomed trail. I did bottom maybe 3 times but that's good! I was riding with a stock 7000 which is exact same suspension as Viper. We switched sleds and I would say the feel is about the same. Still feels firm but mine is moving. I am sitting much more than before. The biggest thing I noticed is the handling. Limiter all the way out and coupler on 2 this sled doesn't push! Way less ski lift. It transfers. Tightened center shock about back to stock even. It is a huge difference. I did not take his 7000 through the really bad trails such as the loop off the trail from Houghton to mosquito bar. Huge whoops and gullies. To big a chance of crashing. But he could not keep up. On occasion he was leading and I watched his sled. Very rarely did suspension even move in rear and ski lift was a constant. That's how mine used to be. 7000 owner is now going try out my shocks and I am trying the Axis. See if it's worth the big bucks.

Just got axis in. Very tight fit between links. May rub. Repositioned the best I could. Doesn't move there much so see what happens. Without riding it feels same as Carver stock shock. Easy clicker access. Rebound requires a Allen but once set that won't be issue. Just need snow.
image.jpg
image.jpg

I'm setting up my RTX suspension per the specs in here, but could not get the collar on the rear shock to move with the spanner wrench in the tool kit. It's got 1"+ of preload on it, was going to loosen it some. Any tips/Tricks?

x2 a piece of aluminum is handy for this. Then tighten it using spanner wrench so you can do it on trail if wanted.

I got about 300 more mi on last weekend running the Hygear Axis rear shock. Sat night and Sunday morn Norway past Iron mountain was still not groomed. 3fters everywhere. 16 was never groomed. At anything above 25mph you could literally hit them with one hand on bars! Is Axis better than the Carver revalve? No. Not for me. They are equal at my level but both are dang good. For frame of reference to how I ride. I stopped 4 times to adjust shock. Rebound just two clicks in (slower) from mid and Compression ended up 5 clicks from all the way in. She bottomed at settings shock came with. The links are wearing on the rezzy clamp. Not happy with that at all. So far for $ I spent on Axis I would recommend the Carver revalve and mod. Not that Hygear Axis didn't work fine just not worth the extra cost at my level of riding.

Final Setup.I have not touched clickers on shocks in last 5 rides very happy:
Rear Carver Valving/Axis=C-2 clicks from all the way in. R-2clicks from middle. Carver as is
Front rear Carver Valving=7/8 in threads showing with preload locknut tight
Front Evol RC2's Cat XC Shocks=L=13out,H=120ut,R=13out,95 Evo,60 main

Final Setup.I have not touched clickers on shocks in last 5 rides very happy:
Rear Carver Valving/Axis=C-2 clicks from all the way in. R-2clicks from middle. Carver as is
Front rear Carver Valving=7/8 in threads showing with preload locknut tight
Front Evol RC2's Cat XC Shocks=L=13out,H=120ut,R=13out,95 Evo,60 main

If I send my rear shocks to Carver for the revalve do they just need my specifics or is this a special set-up between you and them? I guess what I'm asking is do I need to mention what they did for you to get the same valving?

Back