• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Suspension settings, RTX ONLY

If I send my rear shocks to Carver for the revalve do they just need my specifics or is this a special set-up between you and them? I guess what I'm asking is do I need to mention what they did for you to get the same valving?

I would call Carver first, but they'll just have you send them along with a note. They will set up according to your specifics although Cannondale's seemed pretty darn good to me and I'm half again his weight.

Mine are out to Carver right now.

Hey Guys, just got over 300 Miles on my 15 RTX LE. Initially, it felt stiff with very little sag.....I was going to try some of your settings on this forum but noticed that I can now push the rear end all the way to the Transfer Blocks and pull it back up with one hand with very very little effort. Something doesn't seem right, but I am new to this suspension and maybe this is the way it is supposed to be? Any ideas?

I was also looking at the front...I read in some of the settings about the High speed and Low Speed clicks, can someone clarify this for me? Sorry for being such a newbie...

Apex gt It should come back up on its own. Something seems to be wrong with yours. You don't have sled on dollies do you?

My shocks are back from Carver. One thing that I found interesting is his suggestion to start at 80/140 psi in the RC2's. This fits with my logic that the heavier 4 strroke could use a bit more "spring" than the lighter 2 strokes. It was explained to me that most are dropping air to try to soften the harsh ride caused by excessively stiff valving.

We'll see how it goes.

He is usually right. Maybe I got lucky with my old 2012 RC2's never talked to him about them. Since I am happy. Let me know how they work.

Hey Guys, just got over 300 Miles on my 15 RTX LE. Initially, it felt stiff with very little sag.....I was going to try some of your settings on this forum but noticed that I can now push the rear end all the way to the Transfer Blocks and pull it back up with one hand with very very little effort. Something doesn't seem right, but I am new to this suspension and maybe this is the way it is supposed to be? Any ideas?

I was also looking at the front...I read in some of the settings about the High speed and Low Speed clicks, can someone clarify this for me? Sorry for being such a newbie...
ApexGTman... by chance when you were pushing/pulling the rear end up and down was your sled on dollys (or anything under the skis and track)?

He is usually right. Maybe I got lucky with my old 2012 RC2's never talked to him about them. Since I am happy. Let me know how they work.

I haven't ridden it, but I'll tell you the rear is WAY more open to compression than it was before. I used 16 of the 24 available clicks out as my start point for both compression and 14 of 29 clicks out on rebound in the rear.

Floats are 16 out on both compression and 12 on rebound.

Did some adjusting on my new 2014 viper rtx se and worked out good no push in corners/or darting did a 10km test run
I weigh about 240 dressed and ride aggressive
here goes:
not studs yet so once they are installed it may change
8" slim jims carbides, ski pressure at 80psi
coupling block set at 2
torsion spring at heavy
center skid shock loosened at 3/4inch
limit strap stayed at factory setting

ApexGTman... by chance when you were pushing/pulling the rear end up and down was your sled on dollys (or anything under the skis and track)?
Yes it was on Dollies, Two Skis and the Rear was up on Dollies. My Dealer looked at it and got a New one that we will need to install.

Last edited:
Apex mine did same thing cleared up after was off dollies lol freaked me out.

Last edited:
Shocks don't act correct when on dollies...I thought my rear was blown but took dollies off and it was fine

so I just got a 2016 RTX SE it has Fox Qs3shocks. Shocks and blocks set on soft and I found it very stiff in stutters etc. 180lb rider .I have only 175 ,miles on I know it will probably loosen up a bit with miles. Curiously rode with a Cat 137 Eltigre same shocks same miles on it and his def softer both front and rear. while cornering on stutter bumps my front end tended to skip off the top of them .Yes it needs more carbide but if they are off the ground they don't matter much LOL. when letting off coming into a corner it def was not transferring much weight forward to plant the nose. My front end came with springs set pretty tight. I just backed them all the way off and backed center spring all the way off , so the collars just hold spring.
Does anybody have tips for this sled i know most have air shocks ? Does this have stiffer springs than the Cat or the DX model ? It is amazing how much change you get when you click the shocks up , even in the garage you can really feel it just pushing down on the sled.

Back