• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Suspension settings, RTX ONLY

Yes , new leftover build date 11/15 I will check the lower link , are you saying some where assembled wrong ?

So if u flipped that over like a ltx the geometry is going to change ..... And what happens ? Does that make it act softer ? There would be less angle on the shock

So if u flipped that over like a ltx the geometry is going to change ..... And what happens ? Does that make it act softer ? There would be less angle on the shock
It will damage the skid. Don't flip it. I just mentioned it because I saw one that someone ACCIDENTLY flipped that link.Rode terrible and damaged the track also. It makes it very stiff.

Can anybody tell me the spring rates that came on this model . I see some people with the base models have gone to softer torsion springs but a higher rate spring on center shock. The torsion part I get but if your looking for softer why raise the rate on the center shock ?

Can anybody tell me the spring rates that came on this model . I see some people with the base models have gone to softer torsion springs but a higher rate spring on center shock. The torsion part I get but if your looking for softer why raise the rate on the center shock ?
Less preload makes shock work less and light front end is more important to many.

So I have the front figured out . Last weekend in pretty bumpy conditions and warm temps I ended up with shocks in position 2 and front springs are backed off quite a bit worked very well It had lots of feed back through bars with shocks in pos 1. the rear end is another story . Started with shocks and springs in soft , does not bottom at all but not very smooth in the choppy stuff . Slowly tried going up on shocks and up on springs . Shock on 2 took some harshness and rebound kick out . Spring in medium might have been a touch better because it coupled later ? Spring in hard position def not good. has anyone added the High gear twisted front and center springs to this model with the Foxqs3 like I have? looking for feedback also on the 160lb center spring does this help in stutters ? Will it still turn well or does that spring only help it lift the skis ?...... Looking to improve ride my brothers LTX 137 is def much softer in the rear when simply pushing down on it and rides much smoother in all but the nastiest stuff . Mine will not bottom so I'm not using all the travel even with spring on soft .600 miles on it

Plenty of snow still in NH but I can't get up this weekend for anymore fiddling. FYI it's also stiffer than a Cat 800 129 and a 2017 Cat eltugre 137 in our group

Plenty of snow still in NH but I can't get up this weekend for anymore fiddling. FYI it's also stiffer than a Cat 800 129 and a 2017 Cat eltugre 137 in our group
Got the same sled,was getting about the same results as you last spring when I put it away, trying to get a head start on it for this coming season

I have a 2017 RTX-SE and am trying to figure out the suspension setups. Mine has only rebound adjust and coils on the front. Manual doesn't give any measurements for setting the sag front or rear and it's where I guess I should start. Owners manual is really is useless for the suspension in general. I have about 1800 km on it from last season and would like to see if I can make it a bit better. So many configurations makes it very confusing.

Last edited:
I have a 2017 RTX-SE and am trying to figure out the suspension setups. Mine has only rebound adjust and coils on the front. Manual doesn't give any measurements for setting the sag front or rear and it's where I guess I should start. Owners manual is really is useless for the suspension in general. I have about 1800 km on it from last season and would like to see if I can make it a bit better. So many configurations makes it very confusing.
How much you weigh? Limiters all the way out or 2nd hole,transfer blocks on 1,Torsions?,Centershock spring keep cranking till front feels light,Front set arms to a bit past level downward and adjust the rebound on those shocks as fast as possible without bottoming or feedback through bars. Those clickers on fronts have a big effect so start in middle and 3 clicks at time till close then dial it in.

Back