• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Suspension swap advice

superfan75

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
RX Warrior
I've asked this question in the aftermarket suspension section, but I haven't gotten any advice yet so I thought I would try here. I want to make my Warrior work better for riding 2 up, but I still want to be able to ride solo comfortably. I have a suspension from a 02 Viper that I can use the rear shock from and get a heavier spring and get it re valved which would help. I talked to Pioneer and they said it would help, but they couldn't guaranty how much better it would be. Then I got to thinking maybe a suspension swap might be my best bet. I thought a skid from a 2 up sled might work good. There is a 02 Ski Doo Grand Touring skid from a used parts dealer that I could trade my skids towards. I concerned about mounting locations as I can't find any info about the 136" anywhere. Or is there another skid that would work better like Polaris or Cat 2 up skid? If I could find the mounting locations for one of these 2 up skids that would be great if that's the way I should go.

No history with Doo skids in Yamahas, but I put a Cat suspension in my 03 RX1 with great results. I would think the Doo skid would work but finding mounting locations here would be tough. I would search other brand specific sites to see if you can get that information. You could also start a post there, I'm sure someone could get you measurements. If not, contact a Ski Doo dealer, I'm sure they can help.

Back