• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

SW Rear cooler and Cat Tunnel Bag

Beerman

I can actually hear myself getting fatter
Website
www.loyalshepherd.com
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Sidewinder LTX-SE
YOUTUBE
arttyszka
With a SW RTX SE to be delivered "any day" as my dealer tells me, I've started to order some accessories, 1 thing I need is storage. The Cat tunnel bag looks a lot nicer that Yamaha's (IMHO) and it just came in. But now I'm scratching my head. The Cat bag requires 2 holes be drilled in the top of the tunnel to secure the bag to the tunnel. I'm thinking this may be a problem with the rear cooler.

Does anyone have better pics of the rear tunnel exchanger? The only 1 on TY that I can see (thanks Mr Sled!) is inconclusive, but I'm thinking I may have no choice but to return the Cat bag and get the Yamaha version. Anyone have detailed insight?

Much appreciated

141 here. I believe 129 is same.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Well, based on the exchanger running all the way to the back by the flap, I'm guessing the Cat bag won't work. Darn.

Thanks for the pics!

I would think there would be a existing rivet that could be drilled out and used for those little bag mounting nubs. Hopefully they come up with something soon.

Cannondale, are those heat exchanger tubes running the length of the tunnel? And we are suppose to add tunnel protectors on them? Please tell me i'm seeing this wrong!
Yes but they are the tunnel protectors. The additional protectors will only be needed in the rear exchanger if studding. Picture makes them look wider than they are. No wider than the track Windows.

if your bag is for a tcat and a similar model...I cant see it not working on the sw...they are mostly the same sled?

Do you think I will need tunnel protectors with putting a 1.6" ice cobra track on my ltx le?
I agree with SJ but I think if it were mine I would put them in even with a nonstudded track just to keep the protector grooves in rear cooler from getting messed up from rocks and stuff. Probably not needed though.

Just looking in accessory catalog and Yamaha does offer the bag that is attached with the nubs on top of tunnel and sides. Medium size expandable for Sidewinder.

Do you think I will need tunnel protectors with putting a 1.6" ice cobra track on my ltx le?
Same sled, same track, no additional protection. 1900 miles and no problems. Dont know about the S/W, but have a large cat bag on tunnel on a LTX-LE, custom installed with no straps. It is sandwiched to the tunnel with some HDPE and held on with ss bolts and riv-nuts, stratigically placed in tunnel.

Last edited:

Back