• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Taking skid out

Yeah I don't know. Most of the 6 idler bogie wheels seem like they sure don't spin very easily. The bushing probably spins before the bearings do. They aren't locked up but hard to spin. Where can I find these yamaha accessory wheels?

Yep. Same ones.

Actually I pulled the plastic seal off one of the wheels and the bearings seem to be fine. The grease is just hardened. I think I'll try to hit them with some degreaser, then blow them out and repack with white lithium.

WD40 works well for cleaning them. I've had good luck with low temp grease. Haven't heard of anybody use lithium grease on them before. Some have used synthetic marine grease too.

Speaking of which, don't forget to do the same with your jackshaft and driveshaft bearings.

Am I right in seeing that 10 of those idler wheels are the same part? Some of my bearings were actually rusted. Not sure when to replace but I'm thinking I might buy news ones for the 4 that are on the inside of the track since they are hard to replace and then take the 6 best ones left and grease them and put them back on the bottom.

They're basically all the same. Some inside ones may be plain black but they all interchange.

So I took my tensioner axle out tonight. I bought this sled used so I don't know the history.... it appears that the middle tensioner wheel has replaceable bearings. The two side tensioner wheels don't appear to have any way to get the bearings out or even access them to lube them. I'm wondering if the middle wheel was stock? If it is, any idea what the bearing part number would be?

I can't remember if my inside rear axle wheel bearing was replaceable or not but the bearing number should be on the bearing itself. Should be 6004 bearing. For the outers, if you want to replace them, it's the second part number I posted above.

Those don't have replaceable bearings, hence why I suggested the other ones. They look better too IMHO.

Back