• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Team Fast 136" M20 - 2011+ Apex XTX (Version 1.0)

Running the air/electric lines was challenge and the more connections the more chances for leak. I think Fast went this direction to reduce leak problems.

yamahatd said:
Running the air/electric lines was challenge and the more connections the more chances for leak. I think Fast went this direction to reduce leak problems.

I believe you and Mr. Sled are right.

I will say one thing, the fittings for my airline are not the compression type; they're the flare type with swivel nuts. Hopefully these fittings won't leak!

northernsledder.jk said:
yamahatd said:

I believe you and Mr. Sled are right.

I will say one thing, the fittings for my airline are not the compression type; they're the flare type with swivel nuts. Hopefully these fittings won't leak!

Always test each connection with a soapy solution to be sure that all connections are good.

the new flared connectors are better than the original compression type. I had initial leaks with the compression fitting and as I replaced them with flared type the leaks disappeared. I still have some bleed down over time but minimal and to be expected with a pressured system. I was considering the "Compac" unit to replace my existing set up and I am sure it will take some getting used to having the whole set up mounted to the exterior of the tunnel. Looks to be vulnerable to damage just hanging out there

So far I've only lost 1/2 of 1 psi in the last 24 hrs. That might change in freezing weather though. I should retest a few days before I head north this winter.

that's about what I loose. It was worse before swapping the fittings. Also remember, it takes a few mile to loosen up, so it will be stiff until then.

Weight transfer is almost non-existent, my only complaint about the M-20.

yamahatd said:
Weight transfer is almost non-existent, my only complaint about the M-20.

That's how the M10 is in my Vector, but I've learned to cope. Lack of transfer is the only thing that kept my buddy from buying a Fast suspension for his '11 Apex XTX. He won't deny ride quality once moving though! He's going to try the Star kit. I'm going to install it for him and plan on posting that build too.

I haven't worked on the sled much for a couple days, but I went ahead and changed out the hex bolts on the tunnel plate for socket head bolts. They just look better.

I ordered the bolts from McMaster-Carr. They stock every bolt known to man!

20130622_191054.jpg

Last edited:
I got the sled down off the stands on the floor. I plan on installing the Assault ski shocks tonight. I called Bruce at Pioneer Performance and had him send me a 13mm torsion rod and new bushings.

20130623_103418.jpg
20130623_102831.jpg

Last edited:
Here are some pics of my sled completely reassembled. The only thing left to do is tighten the track before the snow flies. I didn't post pics, but I also installed a bulkhead saver kit from Hibshman25. http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php? ... head+saver

20130702_131255.jpg
View attachment 90122
20130702_131225.jpg
20130702_131213.jpg
20130702_131202.jpg
20130702_131112.jpg
20130702_131101.jpg

I was going through some old files and found these pics of when I installed the M10 W2 151" skid into my Vector back in the summer of 2010:
Hartman tunnel extension, extrovert drivers, Roller driven clutch, Nytro tail light, HID's, and stainless exhaust flares were also added. In 2011 I added custom decals, Lake Effect riser, Pilot skis's, powder coated A-arms and a 4" custom seat rise. (Riser seat has since been removed)

08 Vector ext2.jpg
08 Vector ext3.jpg
08 Vector, Team Fast 151.jpg
get-attachment (7).jpg

Last edited:
X2.....I needed to install a longer snow flap due to complaints from riders following me. I put a Skins one underneath my stock one and tied them together. Looks ok and now no excuses from my buds when they cant pass....lol

X2.....I needed to install a longer snow flap due to complaints from riders following me. I put a Skins one underneath my stock one and tied them together. Looks ok and now no excuses from my buds when they cant pass....lol

Back