• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Team Fast 136" M20 - Apex LTX / Attak, Vector LTX

Thanks for the pics of the extensions its straight forward.... how durable has it been for ya? any issues with them . Also would think I could find the hoses from a supplier ?
I have not had an air line failure yet. ;) I had a local hydraulic shop make all the lines. ;)!

Last edited:

Wire harness is complete and the system is fully operational. :Rockon:

Here's a few pics of the construction:

VR237.jpg
VR238.jpg
VR239.jpg
VR240.jpg
VR241.jpg

Where do you source the terminals and connectors from?
I usually buy pins and connectors from the cheapest vendor I can find on ebay. I use both Deutsch and Weather Pak brand connectors. Each has pro's and con's:

Deutsch - More expensive, but more compact and better for a 5+ wire connection IMO. No special tool required to release the pins from the plug socket.

Weather Pak - Less expensive, but bulkier. Easier to disconnect in all weather conditions, but a special tool is required to release the pins from the plug socket.

Both types - The Weather Pak crimp tool just happens to work nice for crimping both brands of pins. ;)!

I use the "ez crimp" type of Deutsch pins. There is another style of Deutsch pin that requires a special tool to crimp the pins on all 4 sides. These are the best of the two, but more expensive as the crimp too costs upward of $200. Weather Pak crimper is around $35.

Long story short: For what I do, there's more value in the Weather Pak connectors, but each brand has its place.

VR248.jpg
VR249.jpg
VR250.jpg

Last edited:
Happy Thanksgiving!

First report:

300 miles so far with no issues. This skid, combined with the new 1.5 lug track, just rocks...period! Air pump and solenoids are all working correctly. It's nice to make front or rear air pressure adjustments in seconds while moving. ;)!

20170109_094658.jpg
20170109_090803.jpg

Everything underneath looks good so far. There is no ice build up with the tunnel protectors removed and no evidence of the track making contact with the 1/4" aluminum strips...trust me, I tried! :)

Snow is AWESOME in the Keweenaw Peninsula right now! Woo Hoo!

20170110_084814.jpg
20170110_094846.jpg

We just returned home from an entire week of snowmobiling in the UP and the sleds are now drying off. I only had one glitch with the Vector on the trail; the air compressor quit working on the last day about 100 miles from the hotel! :( I thought maybe it froze up, but it turned out to be a loose ground connection. Easy fix and back in service!

I'm very satisfied with this sled and it's perfect for long trips; lighter than Apex and better fuel economy.

20170115_141537.jpg
20170115_141641.jpg

We just returned home from an entire week of snowmobiling in the UP and the sleds are now drying off. I only had one glitch with the Vector on the trail; the air compressor quit working on the last day about 100 miles from the hotel! :( I thought maybe it froze up, but it turned out to be a loose ground connection. Easy fix and back in service!

I'm very satisfied with this sled and it's perfect for long trips; lighter than Apex and better fuel economy.

View attachment 125396 View attachment 125397

It was great to see you again!!

It was good to see you as well, Tom! ;)!

Back