• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

These tuners are the worst.

super1c

Country
USA
Snowmobile
22 sidewinder LTX-LE
Thats tuners. First I have to say that this viper is the funnest time I've had on a sled. Loved it. But man the tuners dart like no other and I'm all over the place on hard pack. The 1.75 track seems to push my front all over the corners and it the straights it darts bad. I got the "I told ya so" from the wife. Had to eat crow for that one. She was right about the darting. Hers handles a hair better with the stock track. The hunt for new skis is on.

Last edited:

Probably could. Running 6" and 4" now. Hate to spend money chasing my tail with carbides.

I have been down this road it will not help. You can make sure the tow is correct.. 3/8 to 5/8 out but if you ride in really sandy snow it will still hunt.

I've never liked duel runner skis.. just pulled them off my dads sled because he was complaining about how it didn't turn and was all over the place.. SLP powder pro's or Mohawk are nice skis too....

Agree. Swapped tuners for c&a on my nytro. Tried cpl diff carbide solutions. Turned heavy and didn't turn. Go c&a or curve which I feel are the 2 best options. The other options I've heard seem to work well just need one that fits your needs best.

Chris, don't waste your time and money on the tuners. If you don't like them now you're never going to. Some guys don't mind them but I think it's a riding style/trail condition difference. I went with curves and love them. Made the world of difference for me. Actually have confidence on what the sled is going to do going into the corners now. With the tuners I just never knew and I tried 6 and 2, 6 and 4, and 6 and 6. I'm sure other skis will work great as well.

Stock Ltx-dx, no studs, noticing a push then grab sometimes when cornering at moderate speeds. What carbide would be a solid improvement over stock? Brand and size? Inside and outside. Love this sled other than this minor issue and would rather not replace the skis just yet. Thanks!!

Back