• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Things turned out ok..

West Charleston Vermont (Canadian bordor)
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2005 Yamaha RS Vector
So after some places getting almost 4+feet of snow here in Vermont, I took out the 05 Vector today for a test run, of course the snow was still not settled yet, but the trails were open with very few folks out on there sleds. I can tell ya this, after all the reading I did on the AM stators and the problems that doom them, I did not have high hopes that this stator would work. So I was ready with a back up plan, and that was to go to Al's over to Newport and get another(at least I am local) but much to my surprise as I was breaking trails in my yard "phew" then messing around in the fields, and on the VAST trails here, it was pumping out a constant 14.1 to 14.3 DC volts with no problems, how do I know this exact #??

I installed a Stinger voltage minder, and I'm telling you folks it's worth its weight in gold, and you get a real time read out of what that stator is doing at all times. Now I know for some of you this is nothing new, (understood)but for those of you not aware of these small inexpensive digital voltage minders, they really are a big help. So if your stator makes a "b" line for the scrap pile, your going to have a chance to get to safety (or home) in time, so check em out. I got mine on EBay for $16 with free shipping, there's all different ones to choose from so take your pick.

Other then that the Vector ran very strong, and in my opinion it's one of the best trail breakers I've ever ridden honestly.

Take care guys.. Chris

Attachments

• 20170313_190919.jpg
    20170313_190919.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 131

I like it. Thanks for the idea.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Me 2...thanks for the idea.

Back