• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Throttle response STOCK vs Free Flow Mufflers

do you have a part number for gates belt
40c4313 ,and i use the TP clutch kit and reverse helix from TP .After much testing i've found the motor doesn't like to be loaded as much down low ,but more in the mid and tip .Could be why the stk. ramps look like they do ?Get 9k on the tach and it will go ,anything under that in stk. form it's a slug .

The Gates belt for me has worked better than the Yamaha belts .
Is that there carbonfiber belt?I ran cats version on my 13 kitty 1100 turbo with better results than there stock green belt. I don't like all the belt dust coming from the 8JP,but with big power from this tune,i do like how it grips,and so far with 720 miles of hard abuse,it still looks ok,a little glazed,but all there,have you tried any other belts out there as well as the gates?

Is that there carbonfiber belt?I ran cats version on my 13 kitty 1100 turbo with better results than there stock green belt. I don't like all the belt dust coming from the 8JP,but with big power from this tune,i do like how it grips,and so far with 720 miles of hard abuse,it still looks ok,a little glazed,but all there,have you tried any other belts out there as well as the gates?
Yes,carbon belt .2k+ on the one i have on the sled now and it still measures as it did new .

Gates CC belts have been a better performing belt on my last 3 sleds....all the factory hard belts dont grip like the gates which are more consistent. Not sure if they will last as long as the harder belts though, watch them closely around the cord, and when they start to separate the top cog away from cord remove it as it wont go much longer after.

Gates CC belts have been a better performing belt on my last 3 sleds....all the factory hard belts dont grip like the gates which are more consistent. Not sure if they will last as long as the harder belts though, watch them closely around the cord, and when they start to separate the top cog away from cord remove it as it wont go much longer after.
Ya,we ran them on our 1100 turbos in 13,and they were cheap,but still did not last if everything was not 100% right. Now I wonder if this belt gives off as much dust as stock 8JP,the 8JP grips awesome and top ends good,but just the darn dust everywhere.

Yes,carbon belt .2k+ on the one i have on the sled now and it still measures as it did new .
Hi KRM,did you try to find a belt same length but a tad wider? Like a width of 1.400 that added -040 thou,might be enough to add a slight O.D. effect,but not enough for it to make its way down to far into the secondary.

Ran both… stock and mod can. It’s all in the clutching guys. Secondary dump is the delay because the mod package makes more power, so there needs to be a secondary helix change (I also have a stiffer spring) vs. stock. I’ve tested both, and with the extra power you need to roll out with a shallower helix then use the stock angle (or something close) for the top end. Get your weights setup and hang on! Temps have a lot to do with this as well. 25deg ‘will’ get you a better hole shot than a warm day like in the video. 1st sled is a BTX no studs and #2 LTX no studs and #3 LTX with studs, bites and loads the track/clutch more.

--Buster696--

Last edited:
Hi KRM,did you try to find a belt same length but a tad wider? Like a width of 1.400 that added -040 thou,might be enough to add a slight O.D. effect,but not enough for it to make its way down to far into the secondary.
NO,but that's a good idea,i''ll look into it .Maybe Wahl has something .

NO,but that's a good idea,i''ll look into it .Maybe Wahl has something .
Ya,when we had the 1100 kitty,we tried all sorts of belts,length and width,and I remember some only needed to be like .040 thou wider,but man it did help in the O.D. dept. I will start having a peek to,maybe the two of us can come up with a good alternative.

Ya,when we had the 1100 kitty,we tried all sorts of belts,length and width,and I remember some only needed to be like .040 thou wider,but man it did help in the O.D. dept. I will start having a peek to,maybe the two of us can come up with a good alternative.
XTX belts try .

I only had 2 opportunities this past season to ride my SW. The first time out it was bone stock except for studs. Crisp, quiet and fast. The 2nd time out I had an OSP can, Alfa CAI, Excell clutching that included a Dalton Helix, Cat gray spring and a Doebeck fuel controller. I didn't notice any lag whatsoever either time out. Wait, I did seem to notice a slight difference when I went from the stock 8JP belt to the 8DN. Yes, I installed the OSP secondary adjuster. I preferred the throttle feel of the 8JP and put it back on
Hi mighty,on your CAI Alpha filter,does yours press down hard on boost tube below the tip of filter,the charge tube with the BOV attached,and hit on hood when you reinstall the hood,you can see where hood made squish marks on top,and filter made severe marks on bottom charge tube,to the point,if left for another 1000 miles,it may have worn a hole right through tube,because the filter,is same Dia. on both ends,and seems to me,to be to large dia.,I like the filter TD has for his kit.

Do some of your xtx belts,come in a tad wider width,we would like to try a belt same O.D. 44" to 44.300" and be 1.400 wide compared to stock 1.360,do you have a belt in that size,if you do,please post number. Thanks beast

Yes you can experiment with 5048 or 5035. Their lengths are all within spec. Widths vary.
5058 is 8jp and 5033 is 8dn (not a fan of the 5033 has less sidewall)

gates 40c4340 also

Back