• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Thunder Products (Big Venom Viper kit) with Heavy Hitters

Oh I forgot to mention I added an MBRP trail can as well, so maybe that has an effect on speed too..

If it was wet.....sticky conditions....that will play a huge factor in top speed.

Thanks for clarifying that burnman! I had a feeling those conditions weren't helping. Saturday I'll let ya know how it works in better conditions. 6 of us going away for w/end. 2 older 800s, brand new 1200 doo, brand new 850, and my brothers apex...should be interesting! Lol

So with the kit installed and the new mbrp trail can I can only get to about 152km/hr roughly...it pulls hard in the low and mid range but once it gets up to around 140km it just it's a wall and struggles to get up to 152 or so. My stock set up I would get 159 consistently. I was kinda hoping to at least get over 100mph with this kit. I have a feeling it's the mbrp can but I don't know for sure.

When I called Lonn he told me for my weight roughly (165lbs dressed) my set up should be the 3/4" in the heel, nothing in the middle hole and silver (aluminum bolt) with 2 thin washers at the tip. I never told him I had the mbrp can at the time. Anybody have any thoughts on this?

What rpm are you at on recall after top speed run? How do the clutches look? Is belt slipping? Whats the temp up there?

I never looked at rpm stock (probly did but can't remember) but I'm hitting 8750-8800 rpms with kit and can. Lonn said that's what I should see and it's bang on! Clutches looked ok when I had them apart, I blew them out and they were filthy. Belt could be slipping, I'm not exactly sure how to tell if it would be or not. Would I feel it slip? Temps were anywhere from -15 to -5. nice hard pack, dry fluff on top. But now trails are screwed. So I can't even test from home. I also have 4400 kms on original 8JP belt and it is pretty well flush with the top of the secondary. I think it's supposed to be 1/8" above secondary, but can't remember exactly...

Set your weights up like this.....

Heel - 1/4 inch allen buried in the heel followed by a 3/4 allen for a total of 1 inch in the heel.

Middle 3/8 steel

Tip 3/8 steel with a thick washer.

Take out 1 glide washer by primary spring.

Send me your setup or post a picture
I couldn't get a picture to post but the setup that I received was 3/4 allen aluminum 3/8 bolt in the middle and steel 3/8 bolt with thin washer. I just barely finished the setup you suggested and got to ride it around the lawn and it didn't hit the limiter once and the FRONT END ACTUALLY GOT OFF THE GROUND! No more pounding into holes I'll now be able to get through like my buddies ski poos. Thanks for the help I will be able to get more testing in next winter!

I couldn't get a picture to post but the setup that I received was 3/4 allen aluminum 3/8 bolt in the middle and steel 3/8 bolt with thin washer. I just barely finished the setup you suggested and got to ride it around the lawn and it didn't hit the limiter once and the FRONT END ACTUALLY GOT OFF THE GROUND! No more pounding into holes I'll now be able to get through like my buddies ski poos. Thanks for the help I will be able to get more testing in next winter!

You are very welcome! ;)!

So...put new belt on, worked great and made a huge difference. Wasn't able to do any WOT runs because MY PRIMARY BUSHING IS STUCK ON THE SHAFT! In the engaged position of course. So, had to cut new belt.

So I came up to a stop (coasting) and it was bogging a bit and when I came to a complete stop it just died. Pulled panel, and both clutches are stuck in overdrive. Tried to disengage, but ended up having to cut new belt. Secondary is fine, but primary is the problem. Spring, weights & rollers are fine. So, on this absolutely beautiful (very cold) weekend, not even 100kms into first day ride, this happens. First time being towed and by far the most expensive ride yet. 5hrs away!! Lol

So...put new belt on, worked great and made a huge difference. Wasn't able to do any WOT runs because MY PRIMARY BUSHING IS STUCK ON THE SHAFT! In the engaged position of course. So, had to cut new belt.

So I came up to a stop (coasting) and it was bogging a bit and when I came to a complete stop it just died. Pulled panel, and both clutches are stuck in overdrive. Tried to disengage, but ended up having to cut new belt. Secondary is fine, but primary is the problem. Spring, weights & rollers are fine. So, on this absolutely beautiful (very cold) weekend, not even 100kms into first day ride, this happens. First time being towed and by far the most expensive ride yet. 5hrs away!! Lol

What do you mean stuck in overdrive..was your primary completely closed..belt at the very top?

Do your R's hold or does it go to 8800 then come back?

Back