• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Timberline WV cross country race

actionjack

TY 4 Stroke God
Website
www.inspectorjack.com
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 SideWinder LTX-LE
I missed the morning run but ran my Winder in the Pro - Am afternoon race. Came in 5th even though I stopped to help a crashed rider. Gnarly course up around a ski center. The run up the main hill was wild. Switched to slim Jim duallys on my MTX skis. Much better then the semi-agressive Snowtrackers. Probably the wrong skis for that kind of event anyway. Spring snow and 60°. I installed and ran 1 cable scratcher on my left ski. Zero overheating. Pretty wiped out for 50 miles or so of riding (31 miles in race).

I've contemplated going a few times, yet to make it though.

Dooly on mtx skis? Are mtx skis the same as btx? I'm really wanting some Doolys for my btx!

I've contemplated going a few times, yet to make it though.

Dooly on mtx skis? Are mtx skis the same as btx? I'm really wanting some Doolys for my btx!
I wanted more flotation and the new skis were not available early so I got 2016 Viper MTX skis. I think 6.9 pilots might be better. I think the keel is too fat on my skis. They steer very easy however. Too easy with Snowtrackers. Today is the first time this year to ride my Attak and Winder right after the other and my Winder steers way easier than the Attak I've be riding for 5 years.

Back