• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Timing keys/advance etc

vmax80096

Extreme
Country
Canada
Has anyone on he done dynoing using advance keys or controller boxes. I know Ulmer has dynoed with the controller. Adds 6 from 6 to 10000 then only 1 from there on.

Woodys sells a 3 degree key with his performance kit.

Fundy Performance uses a controller but way different timing on the top compared to Ulmers, more advance.

You would have to talk to Allan Ulmer but i think your advance number's with the Ulmer kit are not correct. I have a three degree key, Ulmers Air box and PC-111 and it is Quite noticeable over stock. I would have gone with the ignition module but my sled had the key in it when i bought it. Don't quote me on this but i think Allan told me that his ignition box ran from 3 to 9 advance depending on what rpm range you are at. kviper

His map is from 10 - 4 -6 degrees at 11,250RPM..... The most the ignition controller will allow you to do is 10 degrees of advancement throught the RPM range (up to 20,000RPM ) and anywhere in the TPS range. Anyways, I believe this guy does not have this sled anymore, since I believe Turk said it got stolen.

SledFreak said:
His map is from 10 - 4 -6 degrees at 11,250RPM..... The most the ignition controller will allow you to do is 10 degrees of advancement throught the RPM range (up to 20,000RPM ) and anywhere in the TPS range. Anyways, I believe this guy does not have this sled anymore, since I believe Turk said it got stolen.
Hi freak,i think i already asked you this,but dont remember getting an answer,you had all of the above listed done to your apex,how much faster on top,did it make vrs stock,do you remember,did it add like 5 mph or less? I may be interseted in the timing box plus pc111 but want real world results from people who trail ride it daily.

Back