• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Today is the first day of the rest of my life

I could not find it on the web site and I wonder how up to date the apex info is on there and how accurate as they claim no cutting what so ever at all to install sc and then the directions have you cutting into the delta box and the directions must be for a 09 and older apex as the info is wrong in some areas like they tell you to cut into the front of the delta box as well as the side and you dont have to cut into the front as far as i can tell on the 2012. the charge tube fits just fine. Also they dont tell you what to do with the power steering and voltage regulator up front where the charge tube comes thru. I am working thru all that up front now and have it almost complete up there I stacked the power steering box and voltage regulator on top of each other useing the bolts fron the voltage regulator and the nuts from where the oil cooler now mounts bolting the voltage reg. onto the top brace for the power steering unit and cut away the plastic where the voltage regulator used to mount to allow for charge tube to come thru. looks like it will work now im just tring to figure out how to do the oil tank for SC and the filter so they work with no kinks and are not bouncing around up there. a little more brainstorming and im sure ill get that done too. this weekend I was able to get the blower unit in and the outer bracket for the belt pullys and tensioner I installed the belt and the pullys I thought were correct but will need to be sure they are the correct ones before I install oil tank and such. Oh and I also remover side cover and flywheel and cleaned the mateing surfaces of crank shaft and flywheel just to be safe that there was no oil in there causing woodruff key to sheer.didnt have time to take pics last night as I had to make dinner for the kids and thenrush out the door to go watch the Packers win anouther big game.maybe I will snap some tonight and post them up. anyone that has installed this on a power steering sled if you have any pics of how you did everything in the nose cone I would love to see them.

6f55431fa16ab55d1793f0344bb6a503.jpg
0865dab7bc23f29a308204922409b40a.jpg
712c60a262bc0f47c674ac2ff05cabeb.jpg
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/29/8674644b8e44c9f2dcd1ff99dbd04973.jpg[/IM[IMG]

Sent from my SCH-I545L using Tapatalk

This is how I did the voltage regulator

7bdcfd61a2c8ca7b6b5c38a6fddea016.jpg

The oil can is not mounted yet nor is the oil filter. This is where I need some help. How has anyone else mounted this. And do you see a problem with what I have done so far.
Thanks

e613eb2e3bf8cfe7960d8481ac1c82ac.jpg

How to mount oil can and filter up front with power steering

How to mount oil can and filter up front with power steering

Good question. I have no idea. Mine was an 06 with plenty of room. Make sure the intercooler has enough room and then mount off the EPS Box , Did it come with the little cooler for the Blower Oil too?

Yes that is attached to the hood front latch brace bolts like the directions say. There is room for everything just want to see how others have it all routed and mounted. The oil lines don't run nice with power steering unit in the way. Can you hose barb and extend the oil line so it is not kinked going to the oil filter and then the bottom of the oil can.

Yes that is attached to the hood front latch brace bolts like the directions say. There is room for everything just want to see how others have it all routed and mounted. The oil lines don't run nice with power steering unit in the way. Can you hose barb and extend the oil line so it is not kinked going to the oil filter and then the bottom of the oil can.

I would think you can extend them a inch or 2 but I wouldn't go to much further or will increase the amount of volume of oil u will need and that SC oils is pricey as hell. I would run one line around back and out the right side of the build head... and then back to the SC on the left.

I was thinking that too but may require taking the SC loose again to reroute but might be best

I would sure like to see a picture of a EPS sled with this kit in it to see how thw oil can and filter were mounted. If anyone has a SC EPS sled could you please post up some pictures.

7e98c6e063c1068dcb2d5b5db093a1b2.jpg

This is how I decided to alter the filter hose I also rerouted the line to the other opening in the bulkhead. Going to pick up a hose barb and it will look something like this

9624483593c548991f0e979aa3325f73.jpg

Just have to figure out the mounting.

Back