• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Top Speed Survey

How fast is your Viper on normal trails?

• Total voters

stingray719

TY 4 Stroke God
Please post your top speed in average conditions, not glare ice but your usual riding. I am curious to see if we have a few slow Vipers or most of them are.

Average trail snow, pulls at or just above 100. MPI trail turbo.
Bone stock 94 mph.

Last edited:
With cotc kit on hard packed snow 96 mph, with Hurricane turbo in same conditions 108mph and still climbing.

Saw 102 on our stock 2014 LTX-LE which has some clutching done to it. Have seen 94 on the 2015 RTX-LE which has Excell intake, MBRP can and clutched. Have not had the conditions to really see what the '05 will do. The '15 is definitely much stronger in the mid range but not really sure what has been gained on top.

Were you looking for NA Vipers only or both? The lack of distinction between the two in the poll will skew the results.

Yup.
Gotta figure out how to get stock speeds before major mods.

I know its different clutching but...... 14 zr7000, studs only, bone stock at 800+/- miles on a freshly groomed hard pack RR bed trail. it seemed to get to 94 and sit there, couldn't climb to 95 before I had to let off, maybe it wouldn't have. Seemed to be it the 8700 rpm area but I had to concentrate on the trail not the tach.

Cheers, Todd

This should probably be further broken down into model.
RTX should be faster than LTS which should be faster than XTX, track weight/rotating mass.

This should probably be further broken down into model.
RTX should be faster than LTS which should be faster than XTX, track weight/rotating mass.

Fastest non boosted Viper I know of is an XTX (NOS-PRO) although the survey may show one faster.

On snow/trail it takes a long pull but I can get in the 90's. Yesterday it was 6*F and on a plowed road I hit 100mph. Clutching still in the works...still experimenting.

Highest I've seen out of my 14 XTX is 87 - 88 on decent firm trail..........but I'm a wide body and I catch a LOT of wind.........:o|

Back