• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

TORs problem...need help

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2004 Yamaha RX-1 ER
First off I am a rookie to snowmobiles. That being said; So I went to go riding rx1 for first time. Day before I adjusted the position of the throttle/control. I started riding and when I made a hard right turn it accelerated quick and then stopped but continued running. When I gave throttle it would backfire. I assume it is the TORs kicking in. When I looked at the thumb throttle there is no slack. I went to check the throttle cable where it connects to the carbs and I have no room to adjust/loosen. Any suggestions and help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you I will try that. Bars are stock, no riser.

Would you suggest a new cable? Or do what you said first and see how it is?

If its not the correct cable maybe.. other then that, it has to be routed wrong, why else would it be to short?

I hope it's just routed wrong. I just bought the sled 2 months ago and have had to put a bit on money into it. I really appreciate your help.

Alright so I rerouted the cable under the bars and while doing so realized there actually are (looks like) 4" risers on the bars. I compared what I have to the original schematic on yamahaparts page and they are different. Have had a chance to see if rerouting helped because of work but if it didn't and I need a different cable where would you get a lot meet one? Or do they make some sort of extension?

Alright so I rerouted the cable under the bars and while doing so realized there actually are (looks like) 4" risers on the bars. I compared what I have to the original schematic on yamahaparts page and they are different. Have had a chance to see if rerouting helped because of work but if it didn't and I need a different cable where would you get a lot meet one? Or do they make some sort of extension?

I would call a dealer and see if they can help you. Can you post any pics of what you have?

So I took it out around the yard and it moves good and then it seems like the throttle sticks which causes that tors system to kick in. After I flick the throttle a couple times it goes back to normal but turning seems to make it stick more. When it kicks in the rpms are stuck at about 3k. Here is a pic of the handlebar riser

ea8800eb10f05a8eed273254d735bc4c.jpg

i think you need the 05 rx1 mountain cable as yours looks way too tight. with a 4" riser on my 05 rxwar i had to run the mountain cables and brake line but still had room to go higher .

Back