• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

tps sensor set up

Stor

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2022 Sidewinder xtx-le
tps sensor adjustment
I went through my diagnostic menu and it says my tps is at 70% at wot is there anyway to adjust this without taking it to the dealer

Read thru all of this thread

Thanks
it looks like it's off 10 degrees
Have you verified your throttle bodies are opening all the way? I doubt your tps is off. Look at the linkage on your throttle bodies where cable connects and hold your throttle lever wide open. Now verify the linkage is open as far as it will go by pushing on it to see if it will open anymore. You may not be opening all the way creating your slightly low degree reading on dash

Have you verified your throttle bodies are opening all the way? I doubt your tps is off. Look at the linkage on your throttle bodies where cable connects and hold your throttle lever wide open. Now verify the linkage is open as far as it will go by pushing on it to see if it will open anymore. You may not be opening all the way creating your slightly low degree reading on dash
Thanks, I've got a fall plan now

From new my SW TPS has showed a relatively low number for full throttle degrees on the Diagnostic display as well as only indicating at full throttle 96-97 % on the Gap flasher live data and data logging.
I have attempted to adjust the TPS but it never eliminated the issue.
I recently replaced the TPS with a new one and the TPS now shows normal values. I don't think the sleds performance was affected in a negative way as it always ran very well with no codes...the values were only an annoyance to me.

Original TPS readings since new

b2.JPG
b4.PNG

After new TPS installed

b3.JPG
b1.PNG

The gauge shows degrees that it is open.
It is not a percentage value like what the tune shows.
Did you check throttle freeplay?

The gauge shows degrees that it is open.
It is not a percentage value like what the tune shows.
Did you check throttle freeplay?
Yes I am aware the diagnostics TPS is degrees but the Gap data is percent...both were a little low.
I checked everything to do with the throttle, cable, hitting the stops ect, even adjusting the TPS could not get the gap data to read 100% at full throttle.
Once I changed the TPS and adjusted it all indications are good....as I posted in pics:)

Ok cool. I didn't realize this was a follow up post.
Now after taking time to look thru the it I get it.
I like to have all I can get too so my tunes can perform as designed.
:-o:sled2:

Back