• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Track and gearing help!!!

Jonesynl

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2008 Apex MTX SE
just busted my stock track, going to buy a 2.5 challenger extreme? Will I be able to fit this track in my tunnel? And what gearing or clutching will I need to do? Any help will be great

2.5 camo is a tight fit.... If I remember correctly the outside corners of the lugs had to be clipped to clear the front cooler. I used a 2.25 PC, it fit with no problems and worked in a variety of snow conditions.

I went with the 2.5 CE 16" fit was tight but didn't have to clip anything and nothing rubbed. Didn't change gearing and she'll stand up anytime you want it. totally different machine. By far the best thing you can do for sled the maverick sucks and just gets worse with age as lugs just fold flat and spin.

The power claw just came today, this thing looks awesome. Just waiting on anti stab kit now from Wahl Bros and new limiter straps and rail end caps from my Yamaha dealer

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    44.2 KB · Views: 234
I got ahold of Outlaw Motorsports and had them set me up with clutching, geared down as low as I could with 2.5 Camoplast and extroverts, made worlds of difference.
20/40 gears .? I have a2013 se and want to put a track and skid under it.

0A41F47B-41CC-4451-B644-4FA79E66A730.jpeg
Like this?
I use nytro mtx 7 drivers same 30 mm axel on apex 2011- and 20/40 gearing.

Last edited:

Back