• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Track question

poor farmer/logger

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2015 SR Viper XTX 2009 Yamaha Nytro XTX
Hi guys just a follower here and possible future sidewinder owner. Just a question that's been bouncing around in my head from time to time and I figure you guys will have enough miles on them now to know. How are the tracks holding up to the extra power and speed. Surely they must be ballooning something terrible at the high speeds the ecu reflashes are getting. My biggest fear at running those speeds would be blowing a track out from under you.

Most guys going for big speeds aren't running big lug tracks so no problems, per say. Real top end seekers run 1 inch lugs so tracks can take it, for a while! Everything at this level is a trade off, where abouts in the homeland are you. SE part myself.

I'm half way in between Melfort and Prince Albert. Almost no snow here this year though so the south is starting to look good for a change lol. Only put 250 Kms on so far.

stock 1.6 Cobra 1 ply, 141 XTX Se EVO stage 4, 800 miles and a best of 128mph GPS

Track looks new and has been adjusted once since new (but I had it banjo tight because I knew it would stretch.

stock 1.6 Cobra 1 ply, 141 XTX Se EVO stage 4, 800 miles and a best of 128mph GPS

Track looks new and has been adjusted once since new (but I had it banjo tight because I knew it would stretch.
R u studded?

Am in SE, just north of Stoughton, still riding here but not great. Friends rode over from Moose Mtn. Park and still lots of snow there. Can't complain about conditions here when you read about weather a lot of people are having. Forecast shows snow on way!
Thanks for info Nos Pro, was hoping some guys with time on would see this post as am curious about track life also. Buddy has a Turbo Zuke cat with 2.25 track and so far it is holding up very good, not sure of his mileage.

I have a viper xtx 141" 1.6" single ply with 144 grand master studs with over 4000 miles on it running 13#'s of boost about 260 HP no problems

The reason for my testing on the 141 with the 1.6 track is that is someone buys a sled, doesn't matter if it is a 129 or a 153.... the results should be very close, maybe a weight change here or there....but aimed for a center point.

This is why feedback is so informative to clutching and who has what on what sled. The more information I get as feedback, the more I can give the vendors I work with to make everyones life easier. Now, mileage on these 4 strokes change quite a bit, so if you have 0 miles on the sled....the vendors are going to tell you to clutch a little differently than 1 with say 2,000 miles.

Thanks for replying everyone. I'm seriously looking at them but holding off for a bit to see how things go. Plus I'm not about to spend 20,000 on a new sled. I'll let someone else take a bit of a hit on the depreciation first. Plus the fact that I will not borrow money for toys. Has to be paid for out of pocket or I wont buy it.

With the way winter is going should be some good deals around. There are a few SW at dealers around the south.

My local dealer in Melfort has 2 or 3 yet too. Nipawin has a few yet as well I think. Not sure what prince Alberta stick is like. Haven't been in there for a few months now. Its unusual that we don't get decent snow by now. Very few years we've had unrideable snow in jan approaching feb. pig spleen forecast said we'd get all our snow in march. They may just be right. Its a bit of a blessing for the farming side as we don't really need any more moisture for spring. I'm sure we'll get some more before winters done though. Trying to snow here now but its not amounting to much.

Would like to revive this thread.

Now that we have had some seat time, What track is everyone running? Studs? No Studs? Would like some feedback if you all could be so kind!! Thanks in advance!

Back