• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Tracks

DMCTurbo

VIP Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2017 Sidewinder XTX LE 137
Will be selling my 1.75 backcountry as I don't plan on venturing off the beaten path as much as I thought I would. Thinking I'd like to run 120mph stock, which track do you recommend for strictly trail running. I'm leaning towards the Ice Attak XT which is the pre-studded 1.22" lug. Thoughts?

Ive been running the ice attak XT 1.22 for 4 yrs now, 2 on etec and 2 on 4tec....nice trail track for safety on ice. It is a single ply track with a "rip2" style lug pattern, and has the most "pre'studs" of any factory studded track, and stiffest lug.

All that being said, it will not hook up at all on ice, and will never win any races over a traditionally studded track. I just studded my ice attak this week with 1.45 grand masters and cannot believe all the traction ive been missing.

So you really need to decide what type of riding you do, and what you need from your track. I for one am going to go back to traditional studs and rip2 tracks which are 2 ply, nice to see the SW comes with them stock. On my Doos, I always had to swap tracks so I went with ice attak for simplicity and reliable miles with no worries of pull thru's, hurt heat exchangers, or idler wheels getting beat up.

ya that 1.75" kills ya ...if you dont need it...ditch it..if you dont want studs its a decent option....nice rigid lug like on the rip2...2 ply right?

but as to the 1.75, you could cut the lugs down and stud it...

ya that 1.75" kills ya ...if you dont need it...ditch it..if you dont want studs its a decent option....nice rigid lug like on the rip2...2 ply right?

but as to the 1.75, you could cut the lugs down and stud it...
Could do that I suppose, I guess it would come down to what is easier lol, I'm sure the 1.75 would sell for a decent price.

I'm running an ice attak xt 1000 miles so far no quams. It isn't a drag setup that's for sure. But I like being able to slide the rear end around. This is more of an ice safety deal than for hookup.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

I'm running an ice attak xt 1000 miles so far no quams. It isn't a drag setup that's for sure. But I like being able to slide the rear end around. This is more of an ice safety deal than for hookup.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
What kind of top end are you seeing with it?

At 465 miles, I swapped out the stock track for an Ice Attack XT 1.22. I decided to swap it out after riding about 8 miles on a smooth groomed icy trail on an old RR grade. Typically pretty fast running, the rear end kept trying to swap ends with the front at 30 mph and above, was a handful. Went with the pre-studded because of the potential warranty issues with studding. I bought the 4 year extended warranty and am hopeful the SW is as bullet proof as the Apex, but bought the extended warranty just in case. I've put about 160 miles on the Ice Attack, and it accomplished exactly what I was looking for. The rear end will still break free, but it doesn't "snap" out like before. Much more controlled. Hit 111 on GPS before I ran out of space, so the top end is still there.

Back