• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Trailer, am I screwed?

Doc Harley

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'17 Sidewinder LTX SE
10' R&R clamshell. Anyone try and put a 137" in one? Going to pick up my S.W. on Saturday. Dont want to look stupid.

I hear the 137 sidewinders have a shorter tunnel now. They do not share the same tunnel as the xtx like the viper does so you should be fine. My vipers do not fit straight on but they do if i kick the back sideways a bit. And its just by a touch that they dont fit. either way if its the only sled on the trailer you will get it home fine.

How much of a bump out do you have up front? Worst case, you have to bend in your snowflap.

We put an Apex XTX and Viper LTX in my 10ft Triton Elite, but we have a nice bump out on front that the skis run all the way up into. It just slightly rubs the viper flap this way. We are not short on tongue weight.

And yes, the 137" viper is longer than the 144" Apex.

Good luck!

The bump out is 8" out? Kinda like an arrow? Wish I knew how to add pics. Says too large, don't know how to shrink it???

Our bump out is pretty low, so we can take advantage of the length. Honestly they don't sit that far out front as the trailer still needs to tilt down.

Good luck!

Attachments

• 6 little.jpg
    6 little.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 207
You'll be fine if the useable floor length is at least 120" I had a Viper ltx 137" track in my old clam shell and it just fit. My useable floor space was 122".

You'll be fine if the useable floor length is at least 120" I had a Viper ltx 137" track in my old clam shell and it just fit. My useable floor space was 122".

I will measure the floor. I know my skis can get tucked up front.
I would lose the drive off feature, But it would save me $5000. U.S. minimum.

Thanks, everyone!

120"s inside.....real bummer!!!!

Idk??? I guess I could try to kick it sideways. I have superclamps on front.

So my old sled gets the trailer. Brand new S.W. has to suck it up, in the back of my P/U...... Hahaha.

ski tips in the very front of the clamshell...then before unloading back it up?

Be careful not to crush your windshield. I have a 120" with the bump out in front. with the sled jammed all the way forward, the cover hits the windy.

Wife runs an '09 Nytro XTX with taller windshield that squeaks in a Karavan 10' clamshell with Sled Dock top by about 3". It's got a pointed nose plus the top is more upright than slanted back.
Took my trailer down to Excell's and made sure a 144" was gonna fit in before buying and driving the 5 hours to Long Island.

Her old Arctic Cat '10 Z1 Turbo was a 128" and with tunnel design fit just like the XTX does, I was surprised at that.

Well.....I've kinda sold myself that I'm going to need a new trailer.
I will try and fit it. But already prepared for the worst....

Back