• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Trailer Moisture

benjamingvsu

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 Viper rtx se
A couple of weeks of rain and warmth has left my enclosed trailer full of moisture - my gear is getting wet and walls of trailer too.

Other than dragging out a heater or fan what other ways do you guys keep moisture under control?

I do use a broom and a track stand to get as much snow off the sled before putting it in.

I was thinking of buying a bucket of DampRid - that worked well in a shed I used to own that held moisture.

Stick a 2x4 between trailer and lid to leave an air gap and it shouldn't condensate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are having weather even close to the weather we've been having, it would be near impossible to keep moisture out of anything.
It feels more like southern England here than an Ontario winter .......

Anyway, not sure what trailer you have but I doubled the number of vents in my trailer, and although it can be damp inside when its foggy, rainy etc, it seems to air out fast.
Some trailers just do not permit enough cross-flow air movement. That is the key, just my 10cents.

MS

On my trailer I have two roof vents, I then have a Max air ventilation system over the vents so I can keep them open. I also have two lower wall vents. This allows the hot air to escape and cool air to enter naturally. My trailer is a Rance Renegade 27' 4 place Ventilation is the key to eliminate excess moisture. Al

Back