• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

turbo intake ideas.

it makes a difference especially on turbos. maybe 5-8 hp "guess". which would be like buying a $700 header for a N/A sled. so if i can make intake temps 30 degrees cooler for 20 bucks of pvc fittings it is worth it. even with the intake next to the exhaust i can really notice a difference when riding in 30 deg weather to 0 deg weather. huge difference noticed with the pants dyno.

Agreed! Mine was above the clutch guard last season for my MPI. On those cold crisp nights, I could notice a difference with how the sled ran. Never checked my intake temps but my seat of the pants dyno noticed it. I changed mine to outside the hood/side panel this season...but we have no snow currently....

Agreed! Mine was above the clutch guard last season for my MPI. On those cold crisp nights, I could notice a difference with how the sled ran. Never checked my intake temps but my seat of the pants dyno noticed it. I changed mine to outside the hood/side panel this season...but we have no snow currently....

I think your going to notice difference, I did after moving it outside. My intake temperatures are now just a few degrees warmer then current outside air temperature. Let us know when you get some ride time in like to hear your results.

Alright keep talking. You almost got me convinced to cut my hood. Lol

It was hard make that first cut, I didn't want to at all. But after doing it and riding and noticing a difference I have no regret so no point in hiding it, they will hear if they don't see it. It just plastic after all! Its not like your drilling a hole in a Lamborghini hood.

Last edited:
Same idea, I just didn't stick it up too high....If I ever want to go back (yeah right) I'll buy new plastics lol. If I put the MPI logo on the inside of the filter most people probably won't even see the filter...

Attachments

• 20151211_185417.jpg
    20151211_185417.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 253
Well it's the closest thing to a Lamborghini I'll get.

Staggs I have Blue side panel that has some scuffs and stickers messed up you can have. Stick one of those Ulmer air horns right out the side!

On the mcx 270hp kit there is no comparison between in and out of the hood

Dam you guys. So now i hafta add the hurricane cold air intake?
Sucks being a addict.
My friends already think im crazy, why stop now?

What about pluming it to the nose of of the sled right behind the front frogskin vent? i remember seeing ulmer made something like that for the mpi kit i don't see why you couldn't make one for the hurricane kit. then you would have cold air flowing in wile riding. thats from mr sleds turbo build
p4300022-jpg.109592

My OSP has the intake in the nose and it works great. Its right under the radiator behind the nose frogskin.

What about pluming it to the nose of of the sled right behind the front frogskin vent? i remember seeing ulmer made something like that for the mpi kit i don't see why you couldn't make one for the hurricane kit. then you would have cold air flowing in wile riding. thats from mr sleds turbo build
p4300022-jpg.109592

Do you know if Ulmer still makes a intake tube like that? Otherwise I'm going to look into finding the intake 90 hose like that and route mine into the nose..any idea what you do with the oil separator hose if it's not on the mpi intake tube?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you know if Ulmer still makes a intake tube like that? Otherwise I'm going to look into finding the intake 90 hose like that and route mine into the nose..any idea what you do with the oil separator hose if it's not on the mpi intake tube?

The oil separator hose can just drop down to the belly pan and put the MPI air filter on it that came with your kit. As far as routing the intake up into the nose your kit came with two silicon 90s and 1 silicone coupling plus the aluminum tube that should be everything you need to route up into the nose I would think. If that don't work try large-diameter radiator hose that's pre bent you might be able to cut a section out of it that will work for the route

Any one know what to do with the upper separator line? Put the vent foam piece in it? Like the mountain version? Then tie the intake air temp sensor on the left side of the bulkhead?

I will be putting mine outside but I would like to find a option that didn't have it stuck out easy to take out with a tree or a roll over.

Back