• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Turbo question

Woody255

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Vmax4's
I just bought a Nytro Turbo. I am at 1400' elevation, running up to 10-12psi of boost. There is no head shim and I believe the pistons to be Stock. I'm sure it's not safe on 91, but do you think it's safe to run with a race fuel/pump gas blend or on pure C12-C14?

Thanks for your input.

You will be fine with blended C12. 50/50 with 91 pump you should have no problem turning it up to 18-20 psi If you have an intercooler. If not 14-15 max boost no intercooler. Also depends what turbo you have.

You might run out of fuel turning it up that high all depends on your setup. Head studs r a must have above 14psi

Ok I've seen your other post, and you do have an intercooler. Do you have a PCV5 or piggyback controller? Can you monitor your AFRs? I take it you don't know who made this kit correct?

Thanks very much. I've learned a bit more about this setup. It is a Trask rear mount installed by Alpine Performance in Salmon Arm BC. It has a Garrett 2860 turbo with a low boost wastegate. I have lengthened the wastegate rod by a few threads and have the boost down to 10-11psi at 8400RPM. I have been mixing C14+ with Av (100LL) and have ran about 15-20 miles so far.

The fuel controller is a Pure Logic dobec type. I have max'ed out the fuel on all levels to be safe. My AFR gauge should arrive any day.

Nice looks like ya got it siphered out!

Back