• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Turbo upgrade options

I was in contact with hurricane and he said to go with bigger injectors
Pc5 pti
And hindle muffler
And I'll increase my mpi trail kit by 35hp
At what # of boost, that almost double's your power

That's good to hear!I'm thinking I'm going this route except I might get the d&d muffler instead of the hindle
Along with 21 41 gearing
I am also doing the 21-41 gear swap, I can't find a pic or a price of the d&d can anywhere on their site.

I am also doing the 21-41 gear swap, I can't find a pic or a price of the d&d can anywhere on their site.
Ulmer sells them I couldn't find pics either I'm guessing that he must modify the flange. He said 475$ for d&d or 275 for mpi race muffler
The d&d alone supposedly give 11 to 14 hp

Last edited:
At what # of boost, that almost double's your power
6 lbs
For what I was told the mpi is actually dynoed at 170ish @ factory 4.5lbs
So with these add ons@ 6lbs would put you @ 205hp.
I'd but happy with that kind of increase
Ulmer also has a ecu flash the that he adjusts timing the allows you to run 8lbs that gvies you around 220hp.
I don't think I'm going that route this year

Last edited:
I was going to do the 240hp upgrade but decided against it. Mine is running so good with awesome gas milage and I'm really concerned about reliability. I do a lot of long distance rides and don't want to be the guy that ruins a trip.

Marc! You should get a slp header. That'll give you an increase I'm sure. Spool up is quicker anyway. Dave had a great deal on them in the fall.

6 lbs
For what I was told the mpi is actually dynoed at 170ish @ factory 4.5lbs
So with these add one @ 6lbs would put you @ 205hp.
I'd but happy with that kind of increase
Ulmer also has a ecu flash the that he adjusts timing the allows you to run 8lbs that gvies you around 220hp.
I don't think I'm going that route this year

sounds about right since a PCV, D@D, and airbox mod would be ~145hp. Add on 40% more power @ 6psi comes in a 203hp. 30% for 4.5psi would be 188hp

Ulmer sells them I couldn't find pics either I'm guessing that he must modify the flange. He said 475$ for d&d or 275 for mpi race muffler
The d&d alone supposedly give 11 to 14 hp
Is that over the trail can or race can?

Marc! You should get a slp header. That'll give you an increase I'm sure. Spool up is quicker anyway. Dave had a great deal on them in the fall.
I was thinking of that also... you would have to give me directions on setting up fuel with pcv though if you don't mind?
I remember you mentioning that you were lean with the header

Isn't this fun!!!! I can't wait to rip apart my sled again! I actually enjoy working on/modding my sled!
My wife and I went to the NBSSR radar runs last weekend on wanapetie had a blast!
She is all for running my sled in the radar runs next season. It would be fun to see what she can do! ( not for competition just for fun)

I was thinking of that also... you would have to give me directions on setting up fuel with pcv though if you don't mind?
I remember you mentioning that you were lean with the header
No problem! Got mine dialed in, header made it pretty lean in certain throttle positions especially WOT so I figure it's got to make more power if it needs more fuel.

That's good to hear!I'm thinking I'm going this route except I might get the d&d muffler instead of the hindle
Along with 21 41 gearing
I am running 26/44 gears in the 15 XTX with 8 tooth driver and 3.0 pitch and at low boost about 230 ish hp I am seeing as high as 124 mph and have been over 128 with more to go at high boost and the take off is still all I can do to hang on.

I wonder if my Hurricane mapping would be close to the mpi set up with header,6lbs and bigger injectors?
I talked to Dave and the pc5 will be mapped fromy him for the mods. He knows I'm running mpi
I'm guessing it will be very close to yours or the same...
I will find out though when a purchase the goodies

Back