• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

TY Hi-Miler Safety Record

YukonMP

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2014 Venture MultiPurpose 2020 VK Professional ll
A number of recent events, including a friends near death in a sledding mishap, have me wanting to celebrate TY Hi-Milers with exemplary safety records. Most of you ride in a completely different environment from us but we and our sledding families all face risks regardless where we ride. So far this year I have only encountered one other sled on the trail (I overtook my 84 year old neighbor who was exercising his dog).

So what I'm asking for is how many accident free miles/kms you have on your sleds. And if you like a brief description of the accidents which punctuated your totals.

I put about 7000 uneventful kms on my Bravo when I hit a tree while breaking firewood trails. I was standing and leaning side to side, on and off throttle when I suddenly slowed, fell forward and pinned the throttle with my hip. I knew I was in trouble, it all happened in slow motion as things do on a Bravo. Nevertheless we nailed the tree pretty good and pushed the bumper back 6-8 inches. I chained the rear bumper too a tree and pulled it out with a come-along.

8700 kms on the MP now and not a scratch. I did put it down in 18 inches of water but that was more of a calculated risk gone awry than an accident. I did however walk home in minus 30. Had to stand in a basin of boiling water to get my boots off.

I truly want everyone to contribute, we will all benefit from your experiences and no doubt be humbled by the accomplishments of some of you.

Back