• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

TY Sled Build SuperCharger Updates 2014

MrSled

Site Admin/CEO
Staff member
Website
www.totallyamaha.com
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2020 Sidewinder SRX
I finally think I have the PCV working well on my 2006 Supercharger. Found my oil leak. I updated to Innovate Digital Boost and Water Temp gauges and new POD 300 Digital Display for the PCV.

Here are a few pics.

SC Shop 12 (1).JPG

SC Shop 12 (2).JPG

SC Shop 12 (3).JPG

SC Shop 12 (4).JPG

SC Shop 12 (5).JPG

SC Shop 12 (6).JPG

SC Shop 12 (7).JPG

SC Shop 12 (8).JPG

hello I see you are using a dyno jet programmer is that instead of the jems controller ,I have the same year of sled and that jems controller seems so hard to set ,did you install a blow off valve if so what did you install any pics , how does the sled work overall runs smooth ?

hello I see you are using a dyno jet programmer is that instead of the jems controller ,I have the same year of sled and that jems controller seems so hard to set ,did you install a blow off valve if so what did you install any pics , how does the sled work overall runs smooth ?

Yes... the blow off Valve is a must..it runs pretty darn good... but you will need a Power Commander V - PTi to run it on a Supercharger.

Did you check out an of the other info on the build?? Here you can see the blow-off

sc_oil_filter-4-jpg.78132

Yes... the blow off Valve is a must..it runs pretty darn good... but you will need a Power Commander V - PTi to run it on a Supercharger.

Did you check out an of the other info on the build?? Here you can see the blow-off

sc_oil_filter-4-jpg.78132

thanks I checked out all your pics good to see very interesting, I blew my sled up yesterday not really sure why it did what it did ,I think maybe a valve broke off then hammered the crap outa the cylinder and head

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks I checked out all your pics good to see very interesting, I blew my sled up yesterday not really sure why it did what it did ,I think maybe a valve broke off then hammered the crap outa the cylinder and head

Pump Gas? How much boost and did you have a head shim?

Yep... been there.. 6lbs is all you can run. I bet you blew a head gasket.
ya I am new this but man are the boosted sleds ever a blast to drive lol,the head gasket looked good but I guess just to be safe I will put a head shim in when ever I find a different motor

ya I am new this but man are the boosted sleds ever a blast to drive lol,the head gasket looked good but I guess just to be safe I will put a head shim in when ever I find a different motor

I blew mine at 1o lbs bad, took out the piston walls and wrecked the block, then went to 7 to 8lbs and took out the head gasket and started to work on the pistons, then after that with a head shim ... much safer with 10lbs and pump gas. And its still damn fun.

well I got a differ
I blew mine at 1o lbs bad, took out the piston walls and wrecked the block, then went to 7 to 8lbs and took out the head gasket and started to work on the pistons, then after that with a head shim ... much safer with 10lbs and pump gas. And its still damn fun.
ent motor for my apex ,got onefrom a 2009 for my 06apex but I am definatly going to buy that pcv for mine , has your programmer worked good for you I really hate that dam gems controller to finicky to my likeing
I have talked to hurricane performance and they are going to set me up with what I need as fAR AS MAPPING , I like the display screen I see in your pictures will get that to then hopefully it all works good winter is almost nearing its end so work on it over the summer

well I got a differ

ent motor for my apex ,got onefrom a 2009 for my 06apex but I am definatly going to buy that pcv for mine , has your programmer worked good for you I really hate that dam gems controller to finicky to my likeing
I have talked to hurricane performance and they are going to set me up with what I need as fAR AS MAPPING , I like the display screen I see in your pictures will get that to then hopefully it all works good winter is almost nearing its end so work on it over the summer

Yes I like the PCV and LCD screen. I would talk with Hurricane I think they have a good map and can set you up the way you need to be.

Yes I like the PCV and LCD screen. I would talk with Hurricane I think they have a good map and can set you up the way you need to be.
okay sounds good thanks for your input ,i wonder if i need to run a different fuel pump ,i ordered different pulleys from mpi 26 bottom 24 top with a stage 1 kit should be about 10 pouns of boost ,or will the stock pump keep up

okay sounds good thanks for your input ,i wonder if i need to run a different fuel pump ,i ordered different pulleys from mpi 26 bottom 24 top with a stage 1 kit should be about 10 pouns of boost ,or will the stock pump keep up

with 10lbs of boost, your stock pump is fine on an Apex.

how do you like the curve skis

Back