• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

TY Sled Build SuperCharger Updates 2014

Hello
Yes... the blow off Valve is a must..it runs pretty darn good... but you will need a Power Commander V - PTi to run it on a Supercharger.

Did you check out an of the other info on the build?? Here you can see the blow-off

sc_oil_filter-4-jpg.78132
where did you get your blow off valve from I have a blow off on mine it is a 1 inch outlet on pipe that attaches to the bottom of the intercooler it looks like someone has added it on there it dumps the air I also have the pcv now that I got from hurricane I also got bigger injectors , fuel pump and a map for 12 pounds of boost seems to run good now sometimes dies at am idle but I know I need to turn up the idle a bit

Hello

where did you get your blow off valve from I have a blow off on mine it is a 1 inch outlet on pipe that attaches to the bottom of the intercooler it looks like someone has added it on there it dumps the air I also have the pcv now that I got from hurricane I also got bigger injectors , fuel pump and a map for 12 pounds of boost seems to run good now sometimes dies at am idle but I know I need to turn up the idle a bit

My blow off came from MPI. I have never seen that before.. I would think it would work it just senses the pressure when you let off from the throttle bodies and dumps excess pressure.

Tom .
Are you running autotune or ignition module with the PCV or both? Is the display really needed on a non-boosted sled? Looks good on yours.

Tom .
Are you running autotune or ignition module with the PCV or both? Is the display really needed on a non-boosted sled? Looks good on yours.

I am running the Auto-tune but not the ignition module. I have the head shimmed in the Supercharger and its not needed to take timing out so the ignition mod would be a waste. Display works for tuning, you can see the AFR numbers , RPM and Throttle Position to be able to go back to the map and make adjustments to the fuel as well as read the Auto-tune map to get the map closer to the numbers you need for boost or non boosted sleds.

Peeling headgaskets and drilling a hole in exhaust were so much easier to understand. LOL

I run a sc but don't know much about them so please excuse the stupid question as I'm just trying to learn a bit. Why is the blow off valve a "must"? I would guess it provides a place for it to go when you let off the throttle since that's what I hear everytime I do let off or maybe it limits the boost?

I run a sc but don't know much about them so please excuse the stupid question as I'm just trying to learn a bit. Why is the blow off valve a "must"? I would guess it provides a place for it to go when you let off the throttle since that's what I hear everytime I do let off or maybe it limits the boost?

It releases the boost or the motor gets stuffed with pressure as well as it helps stacked boost in the inter-cooler .. without the blow off it feels like the breaks are on when you let off on the it.

Your fuel controller reads boost pressure and adjusts fuel accordingly. When you chop throttle and boost drops slowly you are over fueling till boost tails off. A blow off valve dumps pressure almost instantly and stops over fueling= better off on throttle performance and better fuel milage. Never messed with the PC-V with auto tune and boost though does the V just work off o2 readings? I know the gems and all those use pressure.

Back