• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ulmer clutch kit. Do these weights and Helix look OK?

Comatoast

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2011 Nytro XTX
I just picked up a 2011 Apex SE and the owner threw in the Ulmer clutch kit he had on it since new, as he put the factory helix and primary back on to sell, but threw it in as part of the deal..

I put bout 100 miles on it so far, so have a good feel of the sled, Not a great feel, but I know how it rides, engages backshifts etc.

The sled has 9300 miles, and apparently this spare clutch kit from Ulmer does not come with a secondary spring.. So the secondary is 9300 miles old, the Ulmer kit ( Helix/Primary) is about 8500 miles old..

I noticed some notches on the helix, and some wear on the weights. Is this a concern?

After that many miles I would get new springs from Ulmer and your good to go!

Thanks guys. Yea like I said , stock primary and helix is in it now, but since it's here, I'm tempted to swap the kit in to see the difference. I'll order up some new springs then and go from there.

We are gonna hit the trails today, as it looks like the last day we'll ride for a while as it looks like mid 30s-40 all week, plus rain/sleet for 4 days in a row. But did have a question. I got on some hardpack on the lake yesterday, held it wide open for about 10 seconds from 50.. the speedo said 106, GPS said 87, so obviously I was spinning, but this doesn't seem to have the pull like my nytro xtx with a Hauck clutch kit..

When we run them side by side today , it'll tell the story, but either this sled is deceivingly fast, I'm losing traction at 80, or something is wrong. Rpms hit about 10,000, then slowly creep up to about 10,500 or so. I was just expecting this to really pull on the top end , based on the reputation this sled has

Check your EXUP to make sure it's working and adjusted to spec. There is threads in this site on this. Should be able to search it!

Mid range to topend is where the Apex will pull away. And yes traction! The 11 and up Apex speedo's are only off a couple percent.

Can't see the other side of weights but they look like they need more weight on them, probly mid 60's and loaded heavy on the base, the marks on helix are from machineing i would assume nothing should hit on back side of angle

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk

Back