• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ulmer header feedback

terez

Expert
Looks like the cables have let go,,,2013 XTX with 6000 km.
Before I spend the $$ on cable sand the repair job.....

Any feedback on the Ulmer header to replace the exup completely??
I know its a very pricey header....but once done..its done..and no mor exup cables to replace or adjust.

Does the header run as well or better than the stock system?
Does it affect the dresded drone at all...as in a positive way?

Luv the idea of ditching exup and all its associated crap...and failure points.

You could be the test mule!! I'm interested in trying it but the price has kept me away so far.

Will be watching this tread closely.

I have one on my 2011 Apex.. works perfect.. no seat of the pants difference to me, it may even run a little more RPMs on top, as we had to add weight to keep it off 11,000 rpm.

Cool...that's what I wanted to hear!

Gonna pull the trigger on one for next yr.

What are you fellas running with the header if anything to run with it? Is a different map in a PC5 and or airbox mods etc worth the effort/expense?
Stock muffler I assume?

My sled is currently bone stock, when the exup is running properly it pulls 10500 but struggles to get an indicated 180kph ( 112mph)...runs to 160ish ( 100mph) hard but really struggles for the last bit.
I think the oem secondary spring is coil binding and or the helix isn't shifting all the way out.
I'm going to try Daltons red secondary spring ( apparently doesn't coil bind and still good belt side grip). Do I need to machine my helix for sfull shift out as well?

Back