• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ulmer Oil Filter Relocaion Kit for 2011-13 Apex

MrSled

Site Admin/CEO
Staff member
Website
www.totallyamaha.com
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2020 Sidewinder SRX
I am going to show some pics of the Ulmer Oil Filter Relocation kit that I installed on my 2013 Apex. There are some changes that I had done due to missing brackets and incorrect fasteners.

Basically you need to pull hood, side panel uppers and lowers. Then remove you skid plate and nose cone. Drain all oil as if you were doing a basic oil change.

Please read descriptions on the photo images.

You will need to get a new oil filter union 90401-20007-00 and 5/16-18 X 3/4" coupler nut as well as a 5/16-18"x 2.5" bolt for the new mount location for the oil filter holder.

Attachments

• Oilrelocate (12).JPG
    Oilrelocate (12).JPG
    102.5 KB · Views: 896
  • Oilrelocate (11).JPG
    Oilrelocate (11).JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 1,180
  • Oilrelocate (10).JPG
    Oilrelocate (10).JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 963
  • Oilrelocate (9).JPG
    Oilrelocate (9).JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 870
  • Oilrelocate (8).JPG
    Oilrelocate (8).JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 783
  • Oilrelocate (7).JPG
    Oilrelocate (7).JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 808
  • Oilrelocate (6).JPG
    Oilrelocate (6).JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 849
  • Oilrelocate (5).JPG
    Oilrelocate (5).JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 719
  • Oilrelocate (4).JPG
    Oilrelocate (4).JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 727
  • Oilrelocate (3).JPG
    Oilrelocate (3).JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 753
  • Oilrelocate (2).JPG
    Oilrelocate (2).JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 800
  • Oilrelocate (1).JPG
    Oilrelocate (1).JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 815
  • Oilrelocate (13).JPG
    Oilrelocate (13).JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 961

Update:
Parts that are shown are no longer needed for this kit. I put on a older kit and it has since been updated to accommodate the oil filter union and coupler nut with bolt mount. I will post updates when I install the next one.

I have found that the union was updated after 2011 to the hex style. But be sure to talk with Allen when ordering for a 2011 or newer apex kit. It helps to have the oil lines 2 inches longer to allow the lines to go around the battery box easier. I also modified the lower leg on the battery box to remove a pinch point on the line that may over time wear into the line. See attached pic.

Also the mount fastener is still 1/4" to short to grab the hex nut when you bolt thru the lower Delta Box.

Attachments

• oil2 (1).JPG
    oil2 (1).JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 1,063
  • oil2 (2).JPG
    oil2 (2).JPG
    50 KB · Views: 729
  • oil2 (3).JPG
    oil2 (3).JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 724
  • oil2 (4).JPG
    oil2 (4).JPG
    67 KB · Views: 698
Great job again Tom ;)!

Just curious, with this kit, how much extra oil is req'd to take it to the full mark on the dip stick?

Having extra oil in there is a bonus imo, and I bet this kit also helps keep the oil a tad cooler too?

Irv said:
Great job again Tom ;)!

Just curious, with this kit, how much extra oil is req'd to take it to the full mark on the dip stick?

Having extra oil in there is a bonus imo, and I bet this kit also helps keep the oil a tad cooler too?

I added 4 quarts to the sleds on each oil change and it was right at the F on the dip stick.

yox185 said:
Nice write-up. Don't you love it when the engines are all new and clean.

Thank you!!! I do love it... almost hate working on the old 2 strokes...oil head to toe just to clean the carbs.

Probably a dumb question. Would this upgrade void the warrante ? I would love to do it but I can just see my dealer or Yamaha telling me to screw if I had an engine oiling issue.

Extreem said:
Probably a dumb question. Would this upgrade void the warrante ? I would love to do it but I can just see my dealer or Yamaha telling me to screw if I had an engine oiling issue.

Not sure and good question... I wouldn't think it would void the warranty unless it could be proven it had caused a failure.

Can this be utilized for the 06-10 apexs?And if so how much is it in Canadian funds?

Last edited:
Any ideas of a CANADIAN company that can provide my apex with a relication kir?

Back