• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

UNDER TUNNEL EXHAUST DIRECTION?

..SNAKEBIT..

Expert
wanting opinions on which direction the exhaust outlet should point on a N/A Nytro. ran this set-up (header & glasspack) for a couple a years. The last day of our trip was the deepest I think and it dogged and ran poorly, fine if I was in a track but could not break trail. was going to a quieter muffler and thought about installing a 180' to push exhaust foward?

the SDR mufflers had the 180 option for deep snow riding, I think his reasoning was to reduce the chance of the track wanting to pack the exhaust with snow. I have the standard muffler on my sled, and only notice problems when in deep snow and light throttle. One snap of the throttle, or if I keep revs up a bit, I don't notice any difference.

If I could find a used SDR muffler with the 180 tail pipe, I'd probably buy it to see if it makes a difference.

let us know how it works out! I've been wondering this too, just don't see how to do it with my muffler.

Back