• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

UNT linq bracket

I wasn't going to take off the stock bag. See copied post below by Offroadin... this is exactly what I need. Tx

So i have finally got the setup all connected.

UNT dual bracket
2 x 21L Bags
1 x 15L fuel caddy.

Everything fits and i was able to retain the tool bag!!

• Album:
    Tim's Files
    Uploaded By:
    Offroadin
    Date:
    Jan 7, 2017
    View Count:
    Comment Count:
    EXIF Data (Expand / Collapse)
    File Size:
    142 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1365px
    Height:
    768px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).

1. turkster that a garage or hospital...lmao damn wish i had a shop like that
    2. Offroadin Lol... It's my man cave!!
20170106_152615 by Offroadin posted Jan 7, 2017 at 6:44 AM

Offroadin, Jan 7, 2017 Report
#191 Like Reply

20170227_153335-800x450.jpg
Just a note... with the single UNT bracket, the stock bag can remain in place on a 137. Wonderful product!

double works on mine, put 40l trunk on, still had room to go back toward light but put it on so that trunk was close to seat. mine comes stock with a combo rear bag and semi rigid saddlebags. the stock rear bags were back ordered for most owners and not even shipped to dealers until after i had installed the trunk and i still have not gone and picked it up yet at the dealer. i had no intention of using the stock one because it is a funky setup that ties into the saddlebags and then is strapped onto the rail. if memory is correct another company is also making a sleek caddy/trunk combo in black for the double set up. trunk on top caddy on bottom. there was a thread on this bracket topic.
http://ty4stroke.com/threads/sidewinder-luggage.143897/

double works on mine, put 40l trunk on, still had room to go back toward light but put it on so that trunk was close to seat. mine comes stock with a combo rear bag and semi rigid saddlebags. the stock rear bags were back ordered for most owners and not even shipped to dealers until after i had installed the trunk and i still have not gone and picked it up yet at the dealer. i had no intention of using the stock one because it is a funky setup that ties into the saddlebags and then is strapped onto the rail. if memory is correct another company is also making a sleek caddy/trunk combo in black for the double set up. trunk on top caddy on bottom. there was a thread on this bracket topic.
http://ty4stroke.com/threads/sidewinder-luggage.143897/
Careful guys. I just did a customer satisfaction survey at my dealer(Pats in Greenland Mi.) and the Yamaha guy warned me about carrying the fuel caddy because" we've been seeing some bent tunnels" . And, he said, it's not the rear section that fails, it's the front part that it's riveted to, making it a very expensive repair. I believe Yamaha as a company is very conservative, so take it in that way I guess.

Careful guys. I just did a customer satisfaction survey at my dealer(Pats in Greenland Mi.) and the Yamaha guy warned me about carrying the fuel caddy because" we've been seeing some bent tunnels" . And, he said, it's not the rear section that fails, it's the front part that it's riveted to, making it a very expensive repair. I believe Yamaha as a company is very conservative, so take it in that way I guess.
Yes the topic of the tunnel failures was talked about a few times previously. Thanks for the heads up. Seemed to be the longer mtn models? That is why when snowbeast asked yesterday if these brackets would help with that issue, I did not respond. They are bending in front of that forward mounting point. We have to be careful how much we allow extra added weight to impact the rear of the tunnel, (i.e. jumping etc.). There are also additional tunnel brackets mentioned in a thread somewhere to address that. Lots of guys are stacking and hauling with no issues with no extra brackets.

:) I don't drive really fast especially through bumps so I am not worried about the tunnel and I'll be good to go . Age and a bad motorcycle accident seem to slow you a bit lol.

Back