• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Updating my '08 Nytro MTX

Lower oft bushing, sure feels solid now.
004_zpsvsdlhyys.jpg

Got UP bushman spindle kit.
016_zps5cl7s6he.jpg

Got aluminum plate to go under the clutches from Nitris223, thanks.
007_zpsvgvyfgtm.jpg

You might see the other issue in the picture, the hose running from the aftermarket tunnel. It runs under the clutches/belt. It goes between the primary & front sub. It doesn't come out in front of the primary, just set it there for the picture.

Called up CR racing, he has solution to my problem. Hose is bypass from gm 454.
009_zpsaeqvkaoi.jpg

010_zpssdlknsdu.jpg

Had to trim the belt guard a bit.
011_zpsw11p6d1w.jpg

Coolant pipe is from RX1, never get a coolant hose to bend like that unless its moulded.
012_zpspnfr6brt.jpg

Last edited:
I feel shame for this part, put a cat part on nytro.
013_zpsasjdliqm.jpg

its a joke cat lovers.

Finally got the sled back in on skies & track. Installed CR racing a-arms. Found an used set of exit shocks to match the rear shocks. Had the springs coated white to match the rear springs. Made trade with buddy on skies, got slydog wheels that are also urban camo.
001_zpsdcqhtjzd.jpg

Last edited:
Upgraded to MCX to 270, not cheap to do. Hopefully it was worth it.
002_zpsgwizx0e0.jpg

003_zpsgubg0oeh.jpg

004_zpsjygercg9.jpg

Mountain Tech skid plate & gauge vent. Great product! Too bad cant see the skid plate, never had an aftermarket product fit so well. Great job Peter.
008_zpszkokxy8i.jpg

009_zpsejw9pceo.jpg

015_zps3om0zbxr.jpg

Had to put buddies dealership decal on the windshield. It also matched the sled well.

No idea why I cant get photobucket to turn the picture, so I gave up. Have to turn your head.
014_zpstf0pk7gj.jpg

There is only one thing i would have changed on that nytro and that is the running boards. Get skinz running boards :) Nice job on the sled ;)!

Thanks for the comments, but a no on the skinz running boards. I installed a set of the cheese grater skinz boards on buddies xtx, he has already ripped his knee & shin open from them. This is an aftermarket tunnel, coolant runs thru the outside of the tunnel. Were feet go, its wide open. So snow doesn't stay around for long.

Last edited:

Back