• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Upgrade Exhaust - Who has experience with this?

Sevey

TY 4 Stroke God
Website
www.ty4stroke.com
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2018 Sidewinder RTX
Had an incident the other night and the pipe broke at the weld just before it goes into the exhaust.

I could replace just the collector but since it is apart and the whole system is old, I am leaning towards upgrading the whole shooting match.

Hindle looks like a good system and gets rid of flex pipes.

What have others experienced?

Not looking to make a lot of noise, and want to maintain performance.

Any comments would be welcome.
Thanks
MS

I put the hindle system on a buddys xtx in the fall! It's a good system but has a good bark when you get on to it. Idle is not bad . I Don't think you can use the stock muffler with the hindle header .

I am planning on scrapping everything. The exhaust is old and weighs 15lbs so I am going to upgrade the works.

How was performance on the Hindle?
MS

He did the complete package! Airbox mod, pcv and clutch kit from hurricane. It pulls pretty hard now and feels more responsive!

I was told Excell was not overly loud and it isnt. It is just a little loud lol. I told my wife I was thinking of going back to stock and she says my sled sounds nice. Still have the flex pipes though and I had to repack the muffler after a few years. I also have a clutch kit, K&N filters and a pc5 with some performance improvements.

Last edited:
I was told Excell was not overly loud and it isnt. It is just a little loud lol. I told my wife I was thinking of going back to stock and she says my sled sounds nice. Still have the flex pipes though and I had to repack the muffler after a few years. I also have a clutch kit, K&N filters and a pc5 with some performance improvements.

I have the same stuff on mine, and you are right, the excell system isn't too loud. unless you decide to mate the backside of the throttle to the handlebar!!

The excell is very loud, so is the mbrp. I havent heard a hindle in person, but i assume that is loud as well.

As far as durability, the excell header will crack. Mbrp header will crack. Im not sure about the hindle or anything else.

Also to keep in mind, you should get a fuel controller with a full exhaust system. Your engine wont blow or anything without it, but you wont be maximizing the power. Also, when you put an aftermarket header without a fuel conroller, you get a slight stumble right when you pin the throttle.

I have just the hindle, no PCV, no air box mod. It's louder than stock but not terrible. You can pick up an extra accessory that quiets it down for $45 from Dave at Hurricane if it's too loud. Very good quality, no flex joints, nice bark, you can feel the difference.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Hindle system will be quieter than most simply due to the size of the muffler. It uses a 20" long oval muffler, most others use a 16". Hindle started with a 16" which I ran for the first season. When we switched to the 20" it was a drastic change. The old 16" set up with a noise reducer was identical to an Excell muffler, I actually compared it to my buddies. While the 20" still has bark at WOT, it's pretty quiet at idle and low speed..a DB reducer, which Hindle offers, takes the sharpness out of it, giving it a more muffled sound....I've never run without it.

Last edited:
Shadow44 how quiet is the Hindle compared to the MBRP can?
I found the MBRP can to be very loud off the start. And it never settled down. Just gets louder.
Looking for something alittle mellower you could say.
I was thinking Hindle just because thier exhaust sounds good on the street bikes.
More subdo then everyone else

Would the Hindle keep the law at bay also? Lol

Thanks for your opinion

MBRP is crap IMO. With the exception of the Viper exhaust, ive never heard anything from them that is remotely quiet. No comparison in sound, the Hindle is hands down quieter than MBRP. I have never had an issue with the police giving me a second look.

Shadow44 did you put the complete Hindle exhaust on or just muffler?
Any seat of the pants feeling or mostly sound?

I run the full system. Anything Nytro related from Hindle was designed on my sled, however I have only run the full system. I rode it with stock clutching the first season and noticed a much stronger mid range. The next season is when Dave at Hurricane developed his kit using the full Hindle system and the airbox mod he created to work with it. That combined with a mapped fuel controller and Drag n Fly clutching made a night and day difference to a Nytro. The sled pulled much harder from bottom to top. On radar I've run 101 in 1000 ft, and that's with ok clutching that badly over revs and me weighing 235 without gear...not sure what my gear weighs lol. I'm sure that if I had my Drag n Flys in it and running proper rims, it would have pulled 105 at the same distance.

I'm not to worried about the top speed.
I'm going to be running the YPY spring and 14.5 gram rollers to lower clutch engagement to 2900-3000 rpm as I run low speeds 1/4 of the time. ( I don't like the jerkyness engine break at very low speeds. Drives me nuts)
I'd put Hindle kit on if I know I can keep that clutch setup.
But I've read if you put complete system on you should do the clutch and air box mod to get full benefit from exhaust .

You could run that clutching but you may over rev a bit...not an issue if you add some tip weight..or a different helix with a steeper angle, I currently run the Schmidt Bros stage 2 kit and it pulls fine.

Back