• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Used Yammi boats...pros and cons?

Sno-Xr

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Nytro
So, im looking to possibly buy my first boat and am really considering a used Yamaha. What Im looking at are the 2004-8 SX210 and Ar210's. anything I should look out for? Common issues? How are they for out of the hole pull? Im a little worried that the twin 110's might be a little small for the 21' boat, is anyone dissapointed with thiers? Do the have enough pull to pull multiple tubes and wakeboarders ?

Thanks for any input
Sno

My buddy runs a newer version of this boat. The engines have plenty of power if the same. Great boat, tons of fun. We pull mult. Tubers, skiers, etc without a problem. Has a nice Bimini top etc. great boats!

Thanks. Hoping to hear more opinions like that. And also hoping there are no common major issues with these boats! Would really rather add a Yammi boat to my barn and not the other popular jet boat.....but Ive known more people that have owned the other brand and they have had pretty good luck with them too.
Thanks again

He's had this boat 5 years now and a annual oil change has been it for maintenance. No mechanical issues at all.

My yammi boat is brand new - so can't really help you there. But head over to jetboaters.net. Really good forum for all brands of popular jet boats. But over there you find the same opinion of Yamahas that you do here in TY. "If you want the most reliable jet boat - buy the Yamaha."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I work on boats .stay away from the 2 stk yamaha boats .All the 4 stk yamaha boats are good as are the sea no NA boats .If buying used ,make sure the ballast system is in good shape and stay away from any boats that have been in salt water .

Thanks everyone, keep the tips coming!

Krm, are you saying stay away from the Doo supercharged boats?

My biggest concern with the older Yammi 4strokers in the SX and Ar, is they are only 110hp. Im worried it wont be enough umph for my liking in a 21' boat. Especially considering the newer ones are all pushing 300 plus

Thanks again

Thanks everyone, keep the tips coming!

Krm, are you saying stay away from the Doo supercharged boats?

My biggest concern with the older Yammi 4strokers in the SX and Ar, is they are only 110hp. Im worried it wont be enough umph for my liking in a 21' boat. Especially considering the newer ones are all pushing 300 plus

Thanks again
Any pre 2009 sea doo supercharged motors need the superchargers rebuilt around 100 hrs .brp sold the boat business to scarb in 2012 .the rebuild kits are good for 200 hrs .2012 to present 200 hrs for a sc rebuild on the sea doo .Any of the 4 stk yamaha boats are pretty solid if they haven't been in salt water .PM me if need be for any info .Look for a sea doo utopia as it has a v6 merc in it .The 3 cyl 2 stk yamaha motors are time bombs because of the oiling system .

Any pre 2009 sea doo supercharged motors need the superchargers rebuilt around 100 hrs .brp sold the boat business to scarb in 2012 .the rebuild kits are good for 200 hrs .2012 to present 200 hrs for a sc rebuild on the sea doo .Any of the 4 stk yamaha boats are pretty solid if they haven't been in salt water .PM me if need be for any info .Look for a sea doo utopia as it has a v6 merc in it .The 3 cyl 2 stk yamaha motors are time bombs because of the oiling system .
Great info! Thank you and I just might shoot u a pm if I need any further details ;)!

Back