• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Using my Phazer MTX 2013

Very nice. I will miss your write ups on your MTX.

I went after a Nytro XTX;) last Winter, then started to lean towards the Viper XTX;)!, and bought a leftover 2013 Phazer MTX in the end. Yeah, it was weird.:dunno::rofl:

Now it's done. Bought the Nytro TTX today. Öhlin shocks equipped in the front and in the skid.
2013-yamaha-fxnytro-x-tx-scan-yamaha-black-studio-001[1]_large.jpg
In my opinium,the best yamaha series ever made ........NYTRO TTX-APEX TTX .Congratz .

Now my garage looks like this.

20140805_210506.jpg

I'm still working on the garage itself. I will change the floor later on and do some other stuff. But I like it here to work on my sleds. Even installed a big screen for showing snowmobile movies on while working =)
Did some rebuilding to the Phazer today. My wife will have that sled now, so I am making it so stable as it can be. So I moved the idlers wheel in the back out to the original position and added a fourth wheel in the rear. I know, it's three different kinds of wheels in a set of four. As long you keep the speed up, no one will notice =)

20140805_210523.jpg

Yeah, I checked out a new Phazer in the showroom once and it had sloppier steering than ours with the bushings, UpBushman's kit and better joints.

I also added some new ice scratchers. I had some generic steel spring scratchers before, but I forgot them a couple of times going in reverse. So they are history.
So I got these reverse compatible ones.

20140902_210630_resized.jpg

20140902_210647_resized.jpg

Powder coated the parking brake lever red today. The wife wants to run a red, black and white theme on the sled. We started with the parking brake lever =)

Got the package with the bushing and bearings yesterday. Started to tear the steering down last night.
I didn't know that the bearings were Yamaha original. Got a plastic bag with a nice instruction sheet that is easy to follow.

20141003_212840_resized.jpg

20141003_212852_resized.jpg

Pressed the bearing in to the steering part with a workshop press. Keep it straight and just press and it won't go wrong.

20141003_230054_resized.jpg

20141003_230101_resized.jpg

But the Phazer has the worst steering. Some play in every linkage there is on this sled. But I am tightening everything up nice now, so it will be better. But I think I have to change all the ball joints too. They are just to sloppy.

Took the sled apart a bit. Removed the tank to get the OFT steering block in place.
20141004_105249_resized.jpg

20141004_105259_resized.jpg

It's a tight fit with the cables coming down thru where the block goes.
20141004_105318_resized.jpg

And the bearings in place.
20141004_105329_resized.jpg

The steering is much much better now with all the tightening made at all the joints and linkage. I think I will buy the outer ball joints at the spindles next week and change them. Because they have too much play I think.

What ski shocks should I get?
I have found two different one to chose from. One is Engans and the other one is Fox Float 3. It's about the same price for them both, so that is not a deal breaker.
Any suggestions?

Image.ashx

float3-main.jpg

Weldion, im very impressed. Im a machinist by trade and your work makes me smile. Heck it almost makes me want to fly to sweden to come ride with you.

What others plans are you doing to the MTX to stabilize it for your wife?

Regarding the shocks, is there any way you can find out the weight of each? Personally, I would lean towards the Float as it doesn't have the 'extra' weight of the external spring, but it's hard to say for sure without knowing what each of them weigh. If they are similar in performance and price, I would probably go with whichever one would bring more weight savings to the sled.

Weldion, im very impressed. Im a machinist by trade and your work makes me smile. Heck it almost makes me want to fly to sweden to come ride with you.

What others plans are you doing to the MTX to stabilize it for your wife?
You are welcome over :)
We have a guest room, sauna and snow.
I have no other plans. Maybe move the skis to the outer position.

Back