• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Vector battery removal

NytroXTX

Country
USA
Snowmobile
'13 Nytro XTX
Well, it's that time of the year again to put the sleds away for storage. I picked up a used '10 Vector GT last fall for my kids to ride. We have 2 Nytro's, but this is my first Vector. Removing the battery on the Nytro is very simple, but without tearing into the Vector and possibly wasting my time taking things apart I may not need to, I thought I'd ask those that have done it in the past.

How do you remove the battery on a Vector?

Thanks!!

NytroXTX said:
Well, it's that time of the year again to put the sleds away for storage. I picked up a used '10 Vector GT last fall for my kids to ride. We have 2 Nytro's, but this is my first Vector. Removing the battery on the Nytro is very simple, but without tearing into the Vector and possibly wasting my time taking things apart I may not need to, I thought I'd ask those that have done it in the past.

Thanks!!

My 08 has 2 leads which come from the battery that you can use if all you want to do is keep it charged?

If not, then getting to it isn't too bad, just remove your hood, unbolt the middle panel that is between your bars and windshield, remove the windshield/panel section (2 bolts and the whole thing comes off) remove air box then remove the battery.
(Mine is a 08 so I am just assuming your's will be the same?)

Attachments

• HPIM1484 (Medium).JPG
    HPIM1484 (Medium).JPG
    92.7 KB · Views: 3,091
Thanks for the info! Unfortunately I store my sleds in my 4 place enclosed trailer and in a location power isn't available, so I have no choice but to remove the battery and put it on a trickle charger.

It sounds a little more involved than removing the battery from my Nytros, but not too bad.

Thanks again!

NytroXTX said:
Thanks for the info! Unfortunately I store my sleds in my 4 place enclosed trailer and in a location power isn't available, so I have no choice but to remove the battery and put it on a trickle charger.

It sounds a little more involved than removing the battery from my Nytros, but not too bad.

Thanks again!

No it's not too bad, especially after you do it the first time. ;)!

Thanks!!
It was pretty easy when I did it, I went to youtube and searched it, came right up. I will swap problems, I have a code on my 06 and sled won't run right.

It was pretty easy when I did it, I went to youtube and searched it, came right up. I will swap problems, I have a code on my 06 and sled won't run right.

This was a post that is from 2013 that you replied to.

Do you need help with the code? If so, start a new thread and we'll help you figure it out.

Back